TUBI Exhaust for an '89 TR | FerrariChat

TUBI Exhaust for an '89 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mondialmike, May 30, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondialmike

Mondialmike Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike Hunnisett
    Help!
    My mate is a member of this forum but struggling to LOGIN and asked me to post this.

He has an '89 TR which is bog standard still running the OEM exhaust with 14K on the clock and wants to fit a TUBI exhaust. TUBI make 3 versions ranging from loud to STD, can anyone recommend which one he should go for? Does anyone have a sound clip?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    I have the middle one and its NOT loud enough.

P

3. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have a Tubi "Competition" version and it's "okay loud" but could be louder...wouldn't hurt my feelings a bit.

4. Mondialmike

Mondialmike Karting

Mar 12, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    Mike Hunnisett
    Thanks, he's going for the loud one! I'll post a sound clip when its done.

Mike

5. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Go with the loud one and as long everything is off go ahead and replace the cats with Hyperflow straight pipes

6. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    Is there any way to identify which system is which? My 88.5 came with Tubi and hyperflow race precats and hi flow cats but I am not sure which system I have. Its sounds great but could be louder.

7. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there only one type of Tubi for the TR? FWIW, I had a Tubi on my 2nd TR and it was quiet in my opinion, not any louder than stock really. If anyone knows of a louder system, I would love to get one for my early TR.

8. MGJBLKTR

MGJBLKTR Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    MGJ
    Ebay has a listing for an exhaust made by MS Racing. It looks like it would be very loud. However, its VERY expensive.

9. kopiokosong

kopiokosong Formula 3

Sep 25, 2009
    kreissieg or akrapovic- but both are stratospheric pricing, but having heard some kreissieg clips on youtube,im very tepmted. i believe there are 2 types of tubi, 1 for early tr and another for later tr. the later one is louder n really gives the car a livelier feel. borla also is quite loud.

10. kopiokosong

kopiokosong Formula 3

Sep 25, 2009
    has anyone here tried larini on tr?

11. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #11 carguy, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    MGJBLKTR: (quote)
    Is there any way to identify which system is which? My 88.5 came with Tubi and hyperflow race precats and hi flow cats but I am not sure which system I have. Its sounds great but could be louder.

The Tubi muffler on my car says "Only Competition" whatever that means. I"m sorry for the crappy picture.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ross lillywhite

Mar 19, 2008
    Reading Uk
    Full Name:
    Ross Lillywhite
    Had aTubi on my mondial and it got louder as the miles crept up, not loud enough though so went for de cat pipes as well.
    on my Testarossa i got a bell and it is seriously loud, neighbours and wife hate it and sound like i am doing a 100 whilst approaching home at 30 mph. cant hear myself think with window open . but a fantastic sound.

13. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Do you know of a video of a TR with a Bell system...it would be nice to hear it. I would like my car to be louder...