News

Tubi Exhaust VS Capristo Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by divaneh, Mar 1, 2004.

1. divaneh

divaneh Rookie

Jan 22, 2004
    Has anyone heard the diffrence in sound between these 2 systems. I have a 360 Spider 04 and contempleting puting one of these 2 in. like to get your inputs.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Ron

Ron Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2002
    LA
    I have heard both and the Capistro sounds and looks much better and is less expensive.

4. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    I have a 04 360 6-speed Coupe, bought the Capristo for $4050 and changed to Tubi a week later.

Why? I actaully like the sound of the Capristo, it's louder than Tubi (especially during idle). Capristo acutally makes the car pulls harder at 7000+ RPM compare to Tubi and has a slight bigger exhaust tips.

However, Capristo has a lag @ lower RPM which Tubi lacks.

I admit Capristo does sounds A LOT better then you start your engine while leaving Starbucks with all eyes at you. Tubi is not as loud when starting the car and it sounds like "didn't-do-it-right" in 1/15 times. I don't know why Tubi is doing that.

But Tubi sounds much DEEPER than Capristo at any RPM (especially above 3750), which, for some might say this is what a real Ferrari should sound like.

The reason I'm switching to Tubi is because a buddy of mine who works at my Ferrari Dealer told me Tubi is the Ferrari official exhaust.

Oh and one of the reason I change to Tubi is that Capristo do runs hotter than Tubi and I do not wish to install a rear challenge grill.

In conclusion, I like them both, I will make a post regarding to Capriso Vs. Tubi soon. They both have up and down side IMHO.

JIMMY
    www.Jimmy540i.com

5. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I thought the only "official" Ferrari exhaust was the Challenge exhaust ???

6. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    Jimmy,

I think you need to preface your comments by saying you had the "LC Racing" version of the Capristo. This is a racing version and very well may have different characteristics to the normal Capristo.

I have a normal Capristo and did not notice any loss of low end torque.

-- Michael

7. To remove this ad click here.