Turtle Bay | FerrariChat

Turtle Bay

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by velocetwo, May 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Is the turtle bay resort on the north shore a nice place to stay?

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Very Nice (for the area). If you golf play the Palmer.

3. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Best hotel in the area.

4. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Honolulu - Seattle - Okinawa
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yeah, not much else up there. Most of the rest is just beach townish in all respects. Make sure you mix it up when there though. Great food in the area and if there weren't so many people at those places you would never guess by the looks of them. Ted's bakery and the shrimp shack in Kahuku are must eats.

5. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    I was going to do a two island hop, should I just blow it off and go with a few extra days in Maui?

6. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well that depends on what experience you are going for. Oahu has plenty of options. North shore is great. If you have a rental car you can see a lot on Oahu.

7. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Big Island = Best Island....we have a real Volcano.

8. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    +1000 just got back and I totally agree. A local on the flight over gave us a tip about Romy's shrimp shack. Call in your order 45 min before you go. If not you'll wait 45 min in line and another 45 min before you get your order. Get the prawns no matter what in addition to shrimp/etc.

9. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Something that is great about TB that we didn't realize until the last day we were there are all the free lessons/events. You can learn how to play the ukulele, hula, surf, etc. They should have a calendar of events at the front desk.

If you get into the city I suggest the helicopter tour from the airport. This one is unique as it's the only one that does it with the doors off!!!!!!! Little scary when it banks but one of the coolest things you can do there. At 100 mph it gets windy and cold up there.

10. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Fabulous place - I'm there often on business and always make a point to
    stop for a beer at their beautiful little beachfront bar. Never stayed at the hotel
    (too far from the city for business purposes) but it's a very very nice place.

Jedi

11. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I love the north shore. My wife doesn't get it, although she is biased from growing up on Oahu, and thinks I am crazy for dreaming of living on the shore. It is very laid back there and just low stress. That is what I am looking forward to some day.

12. S Brake

S Brake F1 World Champ

Aug 3, 2006
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Where on Oahu did she live? I grew up in Laie.

13. F355steve

F355steve Formula 3

Apr 9, 2008
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nuuanu Valley. Iolani class of 98. I can't imagine growing up in Laie. We stayed there for a few days last summer for a wedding. It is beautiful but so isolated at the same time.