TVR | FerrariChat

TVR

Discussion in 'British' started by SkizoACE, Mar 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Not Italian, but what is the top of the line TVR made today?

2. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I beleive it's the TVR 440R, but I encourage you to check for yourself at http://www.tvr-eng.co.uk/index2.htm
    plus it's easier to link you, then to requote such a large bit of information.
    Regards,
    CS

3. rovingtravler

rovingtravler Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Clovis, NM
    Full Name:
    David
    The 440r is the top of the line, unfortunately they do not import into the USA yet. Although the good news is they are in the process of a left hand drive car for Germany and then into the US market. There are a few in the States. The one from the movie SWORDFISH and two that were on ebay through a Flordia importer...I have no idea how he got them through customs!

4. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    I have wanted to get a tuscan T440R into the US for some time - I was considering just buying one and having someone over there disassemble it as much as needed to ship with the major assemblies in seperate containers as parts, then reassemble here and register it as a homebuilt, like they do with the Ultima's but haven't had any luck finding a shop over there willing to help..
    The car in swordfish is back over there - it was loaned for the movie..The black one on ebay I bid on and the auction was canceled- I was a bit concerned when I was bidding as the pics of the car that was allegedly here already were pics I had seen elsewhere online..
    there certainly are a couple modern TVR's here ... check out tvrfreak.com.... most that are here are only visiting while foreign nationals are here on like a one year visa - but they have to take the cars with them when they leave..
    The new renamed and updated 440R is called the Typhon and is now supercharged... bhp is listed as 500, however the TVR spokesman said that 600 bhp will be available. the day they finally do reenter the US market I will be in lline to put down a deposit.. unless I figure out how to get one here before then - anyone on here in england want to help me by tearing apart a new T440R without damaging it and shipping me the pieces?
    There are loads of pics of all the models as well as some video and interviews about the ones used in swordfish (i think they borrowed three but not sure) - back at the factory for repairs located on this wonderful TVR owners site.. this guy REALLY loves TVR's and other exotics... look around the site and there's pics of the new Typhon, some ferrari stuff, videos, etc... it's worth looking at
    http://www.sleepy-fish.com/d/moretvr.htm

Chelle

5. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Current model range is as such:

Typhon (supercharged uprated Tuscan (swordfish))
    TuscanS (uprated Tuscan, spoiler engine mods etc)
    Tuscan
    Cerbera (the baddass car. looks fantastic)
    T350 (the more trackday car, better handling than Tuscan and same engine)
    T350t (Targa T350)
    Tamora (basically a convertible T350 with a different look)
    Chimaera (still sold in small numbers)

coming soon:

Sagaris - a track day version of the T350... looks amazing
    ????? - new car to be released at motorshow.

Check at Luca's site at www.sleepy-fish.com and also www.tvrbliss.co.uk

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Where's Faisal? He has one here in the US. Although I hear that he sometimes refers to it as a Maserati, depending on the situation :D.

7. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    The one from Swordfish is Travoltas personal car.

What was the TVR that had a V12?

Wasnt it called the Speed 12?

8. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    In the movie it was Travolta's car, but on

in this video
    http://www.sleepy-fish.com/images/videos/TVRs/Manufacturing/SwordfishCar.WMV

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/images/videos/TVRs/Manufacturing/SwordfishCar2.WMV
    and
    http://www.sleepy-fish.com/images/videos/TVRs/Manufacturing/SwordfishStory.wmv

the factory Representative shows the Tuscans that were loaned for the filming, and discuss shipping them to the US and getting them back.. maybe while filming Travolta was loaned one with a MFG tag on it or something but they claim to have gotten them all back.

Faisil is teh person I was referring to with this link
    http://www.tvrfreak.com

the speed 12 was the V12 car.. think Cerebera with flares.. and some other mods
    there is one here:
    http://www.sleepy-fish.com/images/FactoryTour15Oct2003/PICT0528.jpg

Chelle

9. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Thanks. The Speed 12 looks a little like a Viper, IE the cockpit...hmmm

10. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia

I am not sure about this. They did an MTV cribs with Travolta after Swordfish was released. He had a few of his cars out front as well as the TVR. He specifically said it was not his car but he did use it in the movie.

11. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    Maybe they let him keep it a short time after filming, or with the lead time on the typical TV show perhaps that episode of Cribs was filmed while the movie was still in production.
    All I know for sure is the factory rep showed the cars involved and said they got all of the cars back.
    If they wanted they could have given Travolta one, certainly the production company or factory could afford to lose the bond on a Tuscan, but he still would either need a dealer tag or to only drive it around his estate..

Still no takers in England to disassemble a T440R or Typhon for me and help me ship the parts?
    Chelle

12. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    In the movie there were a number of Tuscans used. One with the bullet marks for example, one for close-ups, a few for normal driving etc etc.

I think Travolta kept one of the cars that were used for the driving scenes; an undamaged car.

The one in the factory shows off the bullet holes.

Chelle - I'm impressed with your knowledge of TVRs :) Drop me an email via my profile about the T440R... i have a few contacts that 'may' be able to help. No guarantees mind.

Speed 12 - this is one frightening car. They tested it on a dyno with a limit of 1000bhp and it BROKE the dyno. Estimations were of around 1200bhp. Peter Wheeler (TVR boss) is a bit of a loony but he took the Speed 12 on a drive home one night to return the next day saying "that car is insane.. we can't sell it". :)