Two ignition wires reading 0 ohms | FerrariChat

Two ignition wires reading 0 ohms

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Cadillacbart, Jul 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Got back to trying to track down my ignition miss today. Pulled both caps and wires from both banks. One cap was cracked, but I think I did that removing it from the forward bank. Tested all wires and #3 for each bank is reading 0 ohms. I think I have found my problem...

New wires ordered. I got a spare cap from the local Ferrari expert nearby. Hoping this will all solve my running issues. Things always take longer than expected :)

2. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Closing this out. Had a miss between 3-4 K rpm. Replaced all plugs with ngk iridium, replaced all 8 extenders (only one had a burn spot that my eye could find) and replaced the #3 plug wire on each bank which both read 0 ohms. All others wires tested good.

Put it back together, fired it up and went for a drive. No more miss, lots of power. Problem solved. Great finish to the week :)

Jeka likes this.
  3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Just curious, was it actually the wire, or the distributor pin not seated in the wire, or tore itself away, etc.

4. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Was actually both wires. I removed them and bench tested them off the car, removed from the distributor. Must have had a break in them somewhere.