Two "longest" flights | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Two "longest" flights

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by BubblesQuah, Feb 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The Moscow to Beijing train (= « n°1 ») was the only one with showers on board; on all the other transsiberian trains, “soft class” or “hard class” (Russian expression for 1st and 2nd) you had to make do with a washbasin at the end of the carriage for the seven days trip, which make for “an interesting seven days”. Says a friend of mine: if your girlfriend is still there with you after those seven days, then she really loves you.
    I don’t know if the #1 train is still the only one with showers today.
    On the Moscow to Beijing travel, you have the amusing distraction of the change of wheels for the carriage at the crossing between the Russian and Chinese borders (the spacing of the track’s rails is different).

Rgds

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Wow! Fascinating stuff, thanks!

Seven days may be a little much for a 'rookie' like me! I reckon the previously mentioned trip up to Chicago may be a good 'introduction' to train travel for me! ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I traveled via Amtrack from Chicago to Boston in september 2010. I just love trains...

Rgds