Two XJ220's for sale | FerrariChat

Two XJ220's for sale

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Art, Apr 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Today I was flipping through the DuPont Registry and I saw the silver and black XJ220's (The S version) that were featured in European Car for sale. I know that the owner posts here on FChat sometimes. It was a treat to see them at different car shows and see them being driven locally. Hopefully the new owner(s) won't just store them away in a garage only to drive them on rare occasions.

2. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    The car's must belong to Vahe.

Vahe, is this true?

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    That's sad. I wonder why he's selling them.

4. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Maybe he's upgrading? But there isnt much you can upgrade from having two XJ220 S's...

5. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Wow...two XJ-220's...is it in this month's Dupont? I'll have to take a look. The XJ-220 along with the EB110 were my original dream cars back when I was seven...still love both of them though. There was also one for sale on ebay last week.

6. XJ220S

XJ220S Karting

Feb 2, 2004

The vehicles are getting a lot of attention lately. Everything could be for sale if the price is right. The market on rare exotics is very strong. I have been approached numerous times by collectors from all over the world. I am not really looking to part with these vehicles, however now a door way has been opened for these collectors to contact and make offers with more access. I will not reveal the reserve on these vehicles on this message board, since there are other principals involved. But again it is more of a test of the market and establishing contact with those interested.

I drove the black one last night to Galpin Aston Martin's big event. What a wonderful gathering it was. But most of all I enjoyed the drive. The car drives fast, believe it or not smooth and totally straight and does not run out of power. I will have a hard time replacing these vehicles. Therefore someone must really tempt me into selling one. If I do sell one, I definitely have another interesting car in sight. It won't happen for another year due to production commencing in a few months, but will be a very unique addition to our group of cars that we take out for drives.

But my passion for the XJ220S has really grown every time that I have taken them out. I get used to power of cars quite easily, but the Jags really keep me going.

7. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    That's good to hear.

How do the Jags compare to your SE30? Which is quicker, better handling, etc...?

8. GianPaolo

GianPaolo Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2004
    BENSONHURST
    Full Name:
    JohnPaul
    There's a xj220s limited edition for sale in old town pasadena (jaguar dealer) and another one in the valley at a dealership.

9. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan

hhmm my guess is your looking at getting a Veyron, now that would be cool!

10. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    But what a gamble.. selling two highly desirable <sp> autos for one with a questionable future?

I'd leverage one for all it's worth and put a deposit on the Veyron, but that's just me.. With only 5 of these cars made, you're saturating the market!

That being said, I look forward to seeing the newest addition to your stable at Euro Sunday sometime in 2006, Vahe. :)

-Chris

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I love the XJ 220.

12. judoug88

judoug88 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Marin, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Do you think that you might be able to post some pictures of your two beauties?

13. XJ220S

XJ220S Karting

Feb 2, 2004
    <With only 5 of these cars made, you're saturating the market.>

As I mentioned earlier, I am not looking to just sell. This would be more of a rare item exchanging hands, if the correct price is offered. And believe me what might be good enough today could fall very short next month, as we have a very dynamic rising market. By the same token, the reason why both have been publicized, is for collectors to know where 2 of 5 are and can have a choice on either one.

The one in Pasadena is my titanium car. I know the management at Rusnak well and agreed to leave the car there as a representative of what Jaguar has done.

14. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The first thing that came to mind when I saw the feature in European Car was that these cars were being marketed. That's a great way too get good exposure.

15. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Wasn't the Titanium car originally another color?

16. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    original XJ 220 S chassis

-----------------------------------------

http://wspr-racing.com/chassis/xj220.htm

Number History
    779 Orange - sold to USA Original 540 cv engine
    784 Was in Volvo Museum .Light Blue - sold to France .2001 sold to Vik USA for 150 000 $.Original engine 540 cv

793 Red - sold to UK

801 Race car unfinished,sold to my friend a racing driver who bought all the 220 .He finish the car in Green ,sold it and they repaint the car in Silver ,2000 sold to USA (the car IS NOT a 220 S)

802 Light Green appear in many magazines ,was the daily driver of my friend ,2000 sold to USA

803 Yellow.England

Race Car
    001 # 51 -24 hours Le Mans 1993 DNF - Percy/Hakne/Leslie
    002 # 50 - 24 Hours Le Mans 1993 win GT class - Brabbham/Nielsen/Coulthard. 2001 Silverstone Auction
    003 #52 - ,24 Hours Le Mans 1993 - DNF - Belmondo/Cochran/Fuchs
    -----------------------------------

pics of the various original XJ220 S:

http://www.autotitre.com/forum/XJ220-j-ai-verifie-c-est-le--37806p1.htm

http://www.autotitre.com/forum/Rarete-only-le-retour-38539p28.htm

17. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Color change!!! Dang, I would never repaint/color change a rare car....I wonder how much it will depreciate as opposed to an unmolested car?

18. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #18 CMY, Apr 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since I believe that at least one of the cars was lime/puke green, I can't imagine that a color change would really effect pricing unless it was applied with a paint brush. ;)

Vahe's cars both have truly awesome paint jobs, and if you'll notice they also sport those cool headlights off 2003ish model Infinity Q45.

C.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    So 801 is a fake 'S' ??
    784 sold for 150K only? Hmmmm...???
    Which ones are the two for sale here?
    I say if you can get $300K, do it now. Then get your'self a nice F40 and you'll be a very happy guy. You know you want an F40!!!

20. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    I disagree. Look what happens to F cars and rare Porches that have a color change...not many out there....and if so, they take a huge hit. I am a big fan of originality on special cars. I would never put Nissan headlights on any car, let alone an exotic!! Stay original on cars like these and maybe you can recover your investment in time....did I say investment :)?

21. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I see your point, but it's really up to the owner to decide. Paint, headlights & wheels are an easy fix, but I personally would love to have them just as they are now. You say investment, I say enjoyment.

-Chris

22. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    In theory, you are correct. In reality, depends. Changing a red Ferrari to green or blue, a hit would be major. Going the other way around, the hit would be minor.

It all depends on who is buying at the time.

23. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Agreed.

If any of you have seen the cars in person (or ridden in them, which I've had the pleasure to do!!) - you would probably reserve judgment. The cars are absolutely gorgeous, and the paint and enhancements are perfectly done.

Byron

24. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    I don't doubt it at all. Those pics look great. However, when we are dealing with such a rare car (5 made), I would think originality would be a most important factor. If I were a collector looking for these cars, I personally would pass on a color changed car. No matter how nice the silver color looks on ther outside, it's a green car underneath. Furthermore, green is a very British color and I would bet it would help resale not hurt it on a Jag.

25. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #25 CMY, Apr 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah.. right!