U.K. 458 in Australia | Page 4 | FerrariChat

U.K. 458 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aeneas, Feb 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Agree to disagree.

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    You can agree to that if you like, but I'm right.

Two similar CSs for sale...one imported from the UK and one Aussie spec...it's a no brainer which would sell for more and/or quicker.

Delusional if you think anything else.

3. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Again agree to disagree.

4. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I'm not agreeing to it....you're simply wrong, and I have the experiences on my side to back it up.

5. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    There is a CS on carsales for <$600k which is a UK import and has not sold. There was a AUS DEL CS for a little more and it sold (well it is long gone on carsales) in less than a month.

6. freaky1

freaky1 Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Being a member of this forum for about 4 years and seeing all these discussions periodically crop up, I'm glad I bought an Aus delivered 360 from FMS.

The stigma associated with UK imports is akin to walking around with herpes or some other nasty STD.

Very harsh indeed.

7. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Doesn't mean it sold as we all know. Maybe they should get the factory to put a convict stamp in the VIN number on the UK one that way they can put the price up. &#128513;No CS is worth more than 400 K in my view.

8. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    lol...game, set and match.

9. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lol

*shakes head*

10. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    PP it takes two to play tennis. Again agree to disagree. Have both and have sold both. Price and condition all that maters on low volume cars &#128512;

11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If you think that repeating yourself will suddenly make you right or everyone will agree with you, you're wrong.

Unless by low volume you mean things like 275s, 250s and the like....otherwise you're still just wrong.

12. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    &#128526;

13. marczero

marczero Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Wow .
    Ive only been on the Ferrari chat USA site , where members share modification tips , service info , and restoration progress , along with sales.

Although Ferraris are not made in the USA , its clear the guys on F chat usa understand , all those little italian cars came from the same place , with crappy design rules being catered for other regions , like usa getting ugly bumpers , sweden getting slightly different lights ...and in the case the car i love , the 328 , Australia getting those hilarious rabbit ears rear view mirrors.

Australian delivered Ferrari , must be from that Holden Factory they have got out the back at Maranello ?

or just a bunch of taxes added on and given to the government at so they can say its ADR , and get a few specs altered so we can see the kangaroos clearer in rear view.

im flabbergasted at the hilariousness of this arguement ! um , ferraris only come from one place .

i wonder in the usa if they like those USA delvered XB fords which are so popular now thanks to mad max ...or the aussie ledgend XY gtho ...which sell for 250 K usd and up . must check out the ford chat website in the usa seeing if they are bickering like the two old men from the muppets on usa delivered left hand XY gtho being the only car to have

OH BROTHER . fistralia .

14. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't think you understand the significance.... Ask the Americans about grey import cars and you'll get the idea.

15. marczero

marczero Karting

Sep 18, 2014
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Its more like i dont care about the significance . When I drive my car on the track or on the street i dont give a hoot . Its from Italy man. My cars are not here , but I might bring one here . It cost way less than the famous Aussie delivered Ferraris on sale here , still made in italy .

To be honest in the states , Esp in the 911 scene , no one gives a hoot either on pre 90s supercars original country of delivery . Jap cars same same , people just dont give **** on the whole . Im sure the two old guys from the Muppets prefer USA delivered Porches , I guess its patriotism . I have a so so condition 964 Porsche in California that came from Japan at some point , and the guys i cruise with would be bored to tears to discuss where it came from.

Same diff i the uk , Aussie delivered 328s sell for just as much as UK spec delivery .

Just very surprised in a land where vintage ferraris are priced out of this world , more people wouldnt complete the dream to own an italian beauty by shoping OS for the unAustralian UK spec cars . Seems a great way to get more Aussies into fun cars from Italy . Im all for that .

Australian delivered Ferrari , My Italian father is laughing at that .Hes in Italy , and like me , wasnt Australian Delivered , just imported later.

16. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's nice to finally see another mature adult here who can see the world past their own nose.

Welcome. :)

17. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I never understood what the big deal is over the delivery origin. Its a car.

But the funny thing was I had to get my 328GTB assessed for insurance. Now this so called Ferrari guru came over for evaluation and while doing so was telling me how much he knows about these cars.

Atfer about 30 mins he gave an evaluation and upon filling in the documentation he noticed it was an import. He proceeded to then tell me that the evaluation will be significantly lower due to this fact. I asked him why and he just said thats the way it is. If it was Aussie delivered he said we could stick to the original evaluation as he has done so in the past with others.

I found that quite interesting as if he was the so called guru he claimed he was he would know that the GTB 328 was never aussie delivered. When I mentioned that to him he told me i didn't know what i was talking about ripped up the paperwork and left.

The dilemma of imports continue

18. Steve355F1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Lol. Game, set and match...,,,,,,..,,,,,

19. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    At least he valued it more than 50k. Which is more than the going rate of Ferrari's on Fchat. So i guess im still ahead

20. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    So what do these "experts" value a car like yours at ?

Considering it was never delivered to Oz ?

21. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    ok....you don't get it because you don't want to get it...I get it.

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    As many of you will know, I imported a 328GTB from the UK a number of years ago. When I decided to sell it, the first question was always "is it aussie delivered"......unfortunately, the anti non aussie spec sentiment is so strong that even with the explanation, it still drove away buyers.

23. ihavearedferrari

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    #98 ihavearedferrari, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Guess who the import owners are, and extra points for guessing who is trying to sell an import.

24. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Changing your username to "Iwannasellmyferrari" Adam ?? :p

25. ihavearedferrari

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney