UEFA Champions League (Possible Spoiler) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

UEFA Champions League (Possible Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tfazio, Feb 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Even though I did not like the final outcome it was one of the best soccer games I have ever watched. Liverpool never quits and that is why I am such a huge fan.

2. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Manchester United wins (as expected) and advances yet again to the semis.

3. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I am no Liverpool fan but what fighting spirit they have! Unbelievable. Speaking of unbelievable, what a strike from Ronaldo this morning!

Anyone game enough to predict the finalists? I am thinking Barcelona v Arsenal, maybe a bit of Arsenal bias there but they are certainly capable of doing the damage against United!

4. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    WOW could that goal by Ronaldo get any better? Not for me. First English team ever to beat Porto at home. :D:D:D

5. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Barca couldn't seem to score at home.

United dominated Arsenal, unfortunately they only have one goal to show for it.

6. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I'm expecting a Barca-Man U final. Barca isnt going to have an easy time getting past Chelsea. And as much as I hate to say it, Man U should get past the Gunners somewhat easily. But I think a Barca-Man U final will be epic!

7. DJS

DJS Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    +1, Manchester were clearly the better side today, and even though I don't think they will win the game at the Emirates, I don't see them NOT scoring, which will make it very difficult for Arsenal to progress.

8. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Agreed - But I reckon it's going to be Chelski -v- Man U. [It'll still be an epic final, whoever's in it]

OTOH, my son reckons Utd needed another goal to be "safe" at the Emirates - It's a long way from decided.

Cheers,
    Ian

9. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Very good call! I didn't think Barca had a chance after Chelski went up so early [What a goal btw!]

Can't wait for the final - If it's half as good as the semi's we're in for a treat!

Cheers,
    Ian
    PS - I wonder if US TV is going to broadcast Barca's Spanish cup final this coming Saturday (?) - That should also be really good!

10. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Refs blew a couple calls in the semis. Fletcher's red was anything but one. A few too many handballs went uncalled in the Chelsea game. Either way I'm happy Manchester is in the final and looking forward to seeing them repeat.

11. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    What a goal by Essien! That was amazing.
    I didnt think Barca would get past after watching them play. They couldnt deal with the physical presence of Chelsea. I wonder how they will do against United.

12. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Champions league final tonight....... predictions??

13. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Its going to be United. The only reason Barca is in the final is because they got REAL lucky. It should be a good game though.

14. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    United (of course). Fielding one of their greatest teams of all time, which is saying a lot. The team has so much depth and with Sir Alex in charge I'm sure he'll find players and a strategy to shut down Barca.

15. Ralph K

Ralph K Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2008
    Full Name:
    Ralph
    Half time: Barcelona 1 - 0 Manchester

16. Cozmic_Kid

Cozmic_Kid F1 Veteran

Dec 1, 2005
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    B. Frandsen
    Congrats Barcelona :D:D

Destroyed Manure with 2-0:D

Should have been atleast 5-0 though.

17. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Full Time: Barca 2-0 Manchester United. Thats not gone well. :( :(

18. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    That was a surprise. United looked good for the first 10 minutes or so, but lost it after Eto'o scored. Wasnt much of a game after that. Well done though to Barca. Congrats!!

19. ferraridude615

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    I didn't like United's strategy. It looked like they wanted to attack but why play Ji sung Park instead of Tevez, Berbatov, or Scholes. It seemed like they just didn't flow, which would make sense because they are not used to this formation especially with Ronaldo up front. I would have opted for a more defense strategy but the game is over now :(