UFC and MMA Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

UFC and MMA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Highlow, Aug 2, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  2. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
  3. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    #78 kizdan, Sep 9, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
    OMG! This is very shocking and tragic news. I am a fan of Tanner's, and had a lot of respect for what he was able to accomplish in the ring. The 1st fight I ever saw him in was against David Terrell, and was very impressed with what Tanner was able to do against such a skilled opponent.

RIP Evan.

4. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    He was a true warrior he went to cleans himself in the desert but never came back.

RIP

5. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    His blog on UFC about the desert adventure is pretty cool to read...

6. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Didn't expect Alexander to get crushed like that---Would someone please beat DIAZ---Gosh, he is a f'n DIC%

7. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    That was a pretty good card.

Clay Guida did a nice job against Danzig. Danzig is so technical, and looks so calm and calculating in the ring, that is until Guida just never stopped coming.

Houston is so explosive at the beginning of a fight, looking for the knockout, which has got to wear him out quickly. That style is often effective, but if the opponent can make it through the initial flurry, Houston is pretty much done.

Both the Diaz brothers (f the f-ing Diaz brothers - I bury those cockroaches!....sorry, couldn't resist) sort of have abrasive personalities, somewhat confrontational, however they sure know how to fight. I am more and more impressed with Nate every time I see him fight. Whether you like him or not, you have to admit that this kid is talented.

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    True--Nate does have skills----Just has a dickish attitude--I actually like Nick Diaz--Liked him when he was fighting in the UFC

9. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Nate/Nick annoy the hell out of them. Pure trash. I hope Nate gets crushed.

10. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    What do you guys think about Bisping vs Leben and Keith Jardine Vs. Brandon Vera?

11. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Much as I hate Bisping, I think he will win a decision over Leben..

Jardine and Vera will be good---You just never know who your going get with Jardine--one fight he is unstoppable and the next he crumbles like a cookie...

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Henderson vs Franklin Jan. 17 in Ireland!!!! WOW, This is HUGE!!!!!! and Shogun vs Coleman II

13. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    I'm not sure about the Bisping vs Leben fight. Leben has got some heavy hands. As for Jardine, I'll say Jardine will win.

Awesome Card. I'm pulling for Shogun!

14. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Rich said he will fight whoever it takes to get another crack at Silv, but it seems he has been fighting in 205 now....not 185

15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I don't know why in the world Rich would ever want to fight Silva again. He got totally dominated in both fights, and I can't see that ever changing. I bet he moved to 205 to escape ever having to fight Silva again, however along comes Silva as a LHW. I believe we will see Anderson as the LHW champ as soon as he might get the opportunity to fight for it. Anderson is off the charts in terms of talent, the guy is on his own level.

16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Anderson can be beat now by the right person---Watch the Silva/Lytle fight---I think if Lytle would not have given up, he would of beat Silva...I don't think Silva can handle the punching power of people like Evans, Jackson, Griffin, etc...One 205 lb fight doesn't make him a contender for the title..

I agree that Rich is running from Silva now, he knows he cannot beat him....

17. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    #92 kizdan, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
    Lytle, as in Chris Lytle? When did Anderson ever fight Lytle (who's a WW)?

As far as what level of punching power Anderson can handle, I think Cote will be a very good test for him. Cote is one of the hardest punchers in the game. I hope he gets a few landed so we can see how well Silva can handle them.

If they announced Silva would be fighting Griffin for the title, my money would be on Silva. Even if he's only had 1 fight at 205, I just think he is that good.

You said in your previous post that Rich wanted to fight whomever he had to to get back to Anderson. If he indeed said that, then you can't say he is trying to run from him too. I'm just wondering why he would ever want that, if that is indeed what he wants.

18. MikeMac

MikeMac Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Chris Leben hits hard, too. But the difference with Silva, IMO, is not only his power and accuracy of his strikes, but how fast he is. Leben was always a bit too slow in his fight with Silva. And Leben beat Cote.

If Cote can catch Silva clean with a punch or two, I agree it will be a good test. But I don't know that Cote is going to catch him clean.

19. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Cote doesn't have a chance with Silva. He is so easy to figure out. His lights will be out if he wants to bang with silva. Cote has strong hands but not quick and not much talent .

20. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    oh, and Vera should beat Jardine...???

21. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Everyone has a chance. If Cote catches him with a punch or two it can be lights out for Silva.

22. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    My mistake--I meant Lutter, not Lytle

Rich in an interview said he wanted to fight whomever----My opinion--I said I think he is running from Silva.....

23. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    That is exactly how Silva will lose, sooner or later, caught with a punch he doesn't see coming....Cote has the skills to do it....

24. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Tomorrow night----Who do you guys take? Should be interesting to say the least.....

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!