Uh Oh! New License plate Frame!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Uh Oh! New License plate Frame!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Dude, go to your own link there, then click on the "Home" link (its lower right on the page). Look on the left edge of the home page... click on any of the three links with the word "Ferrari" in them... there you'll see Bob's own documentation of the work that made him famous... work on Ferraris.

Or click on the Norwood Story link... it'll tell you about his work on Ferrari replicas. Or click on the Accomplishments link, mostly Ferrari stuff there. Or the Photo Album link, where you'll see a bunch of Ferraris and some old American iron, but no rice. Or the Norwood magazine articles link, where every article is about him and Ferraris.

But I guess you'll tell us someone hacked Ricer Bob's site, eh?

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    You are correct, Norwood stuck a Can-Am motor in the 288 Gto, Took it to Bonneville, claiming it would do something rediculous, like 250mph! It could not break 200mph!

I think you may be on to something with the Fiedler TYPE R! lol

Norwood is even more pathetic than Al Burtoni. In the late 80's, Al saw that the Ruf Turbo, won the Road and Track Worlds Fastest Cars Event, and decided to try and beat the Ruf's 211mph top speed in a Countach. Huge campaign, ads in the magazines, etc. He did this Countach from top to bottom, air shifters, completely gutted, new body work, and a whopping 520hp. He hit 201mph!!!!!!!!!! Woooopeeeee. In a totally unstreetable car.

I have several articles on the Norwood cars, every one of them broke down during the test. Not to mention his fabrication work looked to be done by a kindergardner.

Id keep my car bone stock before bringing it to either of them.

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Well, lets see. If you read the articles on the supposed Record Holding cars, you'll see they are not running Ferrari motors, but Can-AM motors. There are tons of people who can get huge power out of those. The guy who built my Porsche did a TT Corvette with a 383 that at a low amount of boost made over 1100rwhp. Norwoods motors are 8.3 liters!

The make a big deal out of the 308 that clocked 170. Big deal! A stock 308 is good for 155-158 mph, Just taking of the mirrors, windshield wipers, taping the ducts etc, will gain you a few mph, now gut it, and add a few hp. Anyone can achieve that, just no one else has documented it.

If you read about the dragster, it used a Boxer block, it never ran an event because of a rain delay! Hmmmmmm, funny how it was never heard from again! "Oh well, its raining! Lets just scrap the project we worked for years on and never try again!

Read the Car and Driver article, pitiful results. In the 1/4 a stock Diablo 6.0, according to the same magazine, would dust the TT Testarossa, and tie a twin Turbo F50.

4. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The engine. ;)

5. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    #30 Adrenln328, Nov 4, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. RicersRule

RicersRule Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    ~I have several articles on the Norwood cars, every one of them broke down during the test. Not to mention his fabrication work looked to be done by a kindergardner.~

that's why he's know as Bob the Slob Ricer boy!

yes you are right his FERRARI 288 Bonniville JOKE had a chevy engine And broke down!

these little boys here are nuthin but RICER WANNABEES with Red Cars!

ha ha ha ha !

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Your continued eloquence amazes the erudite and plebians alike... please, continue to spread your drivel so we may enjoy your witful diction some more.

--Dan

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Lol!

9. RicersRule

RicersRule Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    bobbifrett

stop fretting and stop being a Ricer Wannabee get a WING & a FART CAN comon' you know you want too.!

:)