uk 550 owners | FerrariChat

uk 550 owners

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by mvgt2, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mvgt2

mvgt2 Karting

Sep 18, 2012
    Does anyone know a uk based company that renovates the sticky switches and bits on a 550?

regards

John

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #2 greyboxer, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Pretty sure no-one has been found (for 550 or any other Ferrari affected) but it is worth pricing up new switches due to cost of shipping to/from USA for few items

3. AVIMAX

AVIMAX Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2014
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s worth sending to Dave at StickyRx. He did some parts for my 550 recently and they are really top notch.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mailing to the States is not that bad to get it done right. I get some Ferrari parts from the UK that Ricambi does not carry, same deal the opposite way.

5. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    If you want perfection mail them to Dave at Sticky Rx in the States. You won’t be sorry.

6. pkl03

pkl03 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Don't bother ordering new switches, I've gone down this path and received new ones out of the box that are already sticky. Best getting them refurbished.

7. jonp

jonp Karting

Jun 24, 2006
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Hi, not tried, but chatting to Rob Grimaldi recently, (Grimaldi Engineering in Halstead), he mentioned they can get this done. Not sure re option to restore clear illuminated symbol elements, but no harm in asking. Others like Kent High Performance also do, but I think they just strip and then satin spray, as a more permanent but not factory finish.

For what it's worth, my 550 recently went from perfect to a goey mess on ashtray, window switches, drivers side wing mirror cover, steering column cover, and the very front of windscreen/dashboard....no idea why, no sprays, no sun etc, and some parts right next to the other unaffected. Hey ho, anyway, really a mess. I've used alcohol to clean sticky parts before, but I had a large bottle of acetone and thought nothing to lose...many now black rags later, no more sticky parts, and to my surprise the plastic coating must be pretty thick, as it's still there!!! Be wary re getting on the leather as the dye comes off fast, but worked for me as a fix for now/this time.