UNAVAILABLE PARTS | Page 5 | FerrariChat

UNAVAILABLE PARTS

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ferrari_UK, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Running lights for a BB512? I bought two from a broker and one from Ferrari of South Africa so I would have a spare.

2. barbo1

barbo1 Rookie

Aug 21, 2004
    Huntington beach ca.
    Full Name:
    gerald barbisan
    I found these at italian car parts, the were not an OEM part but did the trick, cant tell the difference from original. They were a bit spendy though.

I need the ashtray also,maybe someone will chime in a source

3. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W

As Verell says it's metal - if you're really stuck for the pipe I have located one in Switzerland and one in South Africa.

4. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Malcolm,

thanks for that I shall leave well alone on that one since its a metal pipe & not leaking!

I.

5. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Malcolm, how exact do you think those dimensions need to be - I've found plenty at 16mm ID & some at 15.8mm - but none at 15 so far. OD's on these are all around 23/24mm.

rgds

Iain

6. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    Ian - I would have thought 15.8mm would do, however it might be worth spending more time searching for the exact diameter pipe, remember you are dealing with petrol !!

7. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK

Indeed. I found some 15mm - just checking on the wall thickness.

rgds

Iain

8. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    I found the parts lists (w/pictures) from http://www.fiatparts.com/ to be useful. Among other items (p. 55 in the Fiat catalog), they have the triangular door wedge stops found on 250s and 330s. All three parts, wedge, metal receiver and plastic that surrounds the receiver.

One time (many years ago), I was at the local Ferrari/Alfa dealer. I wanted a fuel filter for my 330. The parts guy asked if I wanted it in the red (Alfa) or yellow (Ferrari) box. I asked what was the difference and he answered $5.65. Guess which was more expensive.

Regards, Kerry

9. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    #109 bert308, Jul 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    After being to 5 places I found a suitable replacement at a place that specializes in industrial hydraulics. Luckily they would sell to a private customer. I ask the young guy at the counter for 50 cm and he took 90 cm off of a 100 meter roll and said, just give me 5, Euros that is. Now I have an extra piece left, will store it in a ceiled bag... It is about as beautiful as a hose can get.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. pad

pad Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Tequesta, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Delatush
    Malcolm,

For a euro 308QV (or Mondial), I have been searching for the back cylinder bank breather cap that is located on the valve cover over the end of the exhaust cam (long winded description, but I have not be able to find the part #). Please advise.

thanks,
    Paul

11. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    #111 Ferrari_tech, Jul 21, 2005
    Paul,

I guess you are refering to item number 39 in the picture, and I'm afraid we do not have one. The part number is 103808.

12. Iain

Iain F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2005
    UK
    Lucky you (!) I'm still struggling to find some - the 15mm Sytec stuff I found had an OD of only 20mm so too thin - it would kink & collapse I think.

I might try some 5/8th which is 15.8 mm ID.

Does anyone know what the stub on the tank & the pump looks like? i.e. is it just a straight pipe or does it have a bulbous bit in it? If its the latter I might get away withthe slightly larger hose.

rgds

Iain

I.

13. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    My hose was inner 14.3 according to the book, it was a perfect fit. The pipes are 15 with a thicker ring at the ends and a hose that is unstretched already bigger than 15 wouldn't be right, maybe you get it fluid tight but it wouldn't look like a proper fit.
    Further, the original hose was a simple transparent single layer plastic hose, like used in lawnmowers but bigger. If it was still original, it would be good enough as it was in good shape and still flexible. I first tried a "chemical resistant" garden type of hose, but I put a piece in a jar with fuel and it was rockhard (not dissolving) after 2 days. Switching the hose with 20 liters in the tanks wasn't as big a problem as you might think, disconnect first at the pump and point the open end upwards, nothing will come out. Connect new hose to pump and loosen clamp on fuel tank from old hose and put clamp ready on new hose, pull of old hose at tank and put quick your thumb on the opening. Then, make sure your not nervous, in a swift move remove thumb and place hose. Practice first :). Some fuel will spill, maybe 200 cc, but emptying the tanks probably also goes with some spillage and it lasts longer so more vapors that make you weak in the head and knees.

14. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    That's not an original hose, original is a black fairly thick walled hose.
    As I said in my earlier post to this thread, Gates White Stripe 5/8" fuel hose works fine. It's a snug fit over the rings on the ends of the tank & fuel pump fittings, & fits smoothly around the neck of the fittings with no gap.

The hose is intended to stretch enough to fit up to a 5/8" fitting, but the actual ID as supplied is smaller.

When in place was indistinguishable from the hose I removed.

15. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    #115 Verell, Jan 15, 2006
    Several people have requested these in the last few weeks. I've finally been able to borrow a pair & made a mold.

One of these is new & the other is original. Even the tooling marks on the back of the part are faithfully reproduced. The only way I can tell is the original's back has a small residue of blue clay from when it was used to make the mold.

The originals were used, & had some small scratches which faithfully reproduced in these as added authenticity ;)

16. powerzfl

powerzfl Rookie

Jan 27, 2006
    I have an 83 308 abd beed a replacement dash cover. Anyone know where I may find one?
    thanks

17. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I am looking for a new wire/plug for my 86 mondials bosch warm up regulator. Mine got water in it and the connections corroded and I basically had to stuff alum. foil in there to get my car to idle back down.....

18. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Somewhere in Italy is a crate full of the plastic cover for the AC fan panel in all of our cars. I want one of those covers for my 355. It would be worth it not to have to throw away a 1400.00 USD part.

Let us know if this becomes available.

And, Thanks for asking!

Ken

19. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Door jamb pin switches for the Dino that activate the door end light. They are unusually long and the previous owner didn't install them after painting the car. I've been looking a very long time....

20. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

Verrell,

It seems you are very active in this, but what else have you got for the Dino?
    I can't find a website for unobtanium supply.
    Thank you.

21. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    FYI: i just got something CLOSE to the real thing for about $5 or so each from ??? Do a search, i KNOW i have all the details and photos posted. i gave up on the stock units long ago. i believe i used a FIAT equiv. part that was close enough in spec.

22. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hi Synchro
    The 1970's 911's trunk light switch is same as those used on door jamb of 308GT4's. I will find a photo and post it tonight.

Gerrit

23. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Up till now, I've been focusing on 308/328 parts because that's what people have been requesting.

If you need a part for your Dino, post a picture here. If I can borrow an original part, I can reproduce it.

Sorry about no web site.
    Orders from Fchat members have been keeping me running at near max capacity so I haven't had time/incentive to pull one together.

Bringing in more customers would only frustrate them.

Best my current process can do is 1-2 parts/day from a mold. & realisticly I can only make parts a couple of days/week.

Altho, I just bought a used injection molding machine, a Morgan Press GT100T from:
    www.morganindustries.com

Hopefully, i'll be able to drop some prices once I've paid for the machine & molds & the volume increases.

My productivity & choice of plastics will greatly increase as soon as I get it refurbished & start making some molds. I think my 1st mold is going to be for those pesky disc knobs for the 3x8 temp/lever bezels.

BTW, does the Dino use the same temp/vent/choke lever bezels as the 308 series? I'm working with a machine shop to get them made out of Al instead of plastic.

24. Jim1957

Jim1957 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    James Morrison
    Ferrari 328 Fog Lights - I was able to order the LHS - drivers side - for a Swiss Car(from Ferrari UK) but not the RHS (so far no luck anywhere!). Here in Alberta Canada rock chips are common - surprised this is not more readily available.

25. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers