UNAVAILABLE PARTS | Page 6 | FerrariChat

UNAVAILABLE PARTS

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ferrari_UK, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Mondial 8 interior door handles; (same as some 440i)?

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    I always thought that a qv/328 spark plug well cover that allowed the wire to go straight through instead of at an angle would be good. One could simply thread commonly available high quality spark plug wires through and also importantly, seat them directly on the plug with a universal plug wire tool and NOT have to worry with those dang plug extenders going bad.

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    #128 Verell, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've just finished molds for the plastic covers that go over the upper seat belt support & pivot bolt. Two different styles are available. I call the ones at the bottom of the picture style A, and the ones at the top of the picture style B.
    The price is $45 each. To order send eMAIL:
    TO: [email protected]
    SUBJ: Seat Belt Cover Style A (or B) Qty:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Pizzaman Chris

Pizzaman Chris F1 Rookie

Mar 13, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Pizzaman Chris
    Another masterpiece by "the Man" :)

5. 4Webers

4Webers Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    #130 4Webers, Mar 30, 2006
    Just received and installed my seat belt covers, they look and work great. They really help to keep my old worn belts from getting bunched up in the pulley.

Many thanks Verell

6. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Lucky you! I need one for my 328 (European version, left side) and there is none anywhere. Verell, how is that project going ?

7. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    It's temporarily on hold, had to return the lights to their owner for driving season. However, he's promised to loan them to me next salt season.

BTW, It would really help if I could borrow one with the lens broken out. Knowing exactly how the lens is mounted inside would speed up getting the good lenses out.

8. fgg

fgg Karting

Jul 5, 2005
    Dearborn, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Frank Guido
    Any one know where I can get the black plastic caps that cover the screw head on each side of the convertible top pull up strap for a 1989 Mondial t.

9. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    #134 RGigante, Jul 31, 2007
    If mine was broken I would borrow it, no problem. It is "only" cracked, but didn't fall apart (see picture)
    I will try to find a broken one.

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    With the new Ferrari Classich program, there are no more unavailable parts...you just have to PAY Ferrari to have them made...

11. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    That is certainly not true, unfortunately, at least in the case of the 328!
    Here's a list of a few components, all confirmed to be unavailable with no indication of availability, both from Ferrari and Maranello Concessionaires. I will only mention the ones that WILL stop your car or cause it to fail inspection:

- fog lights
    - parking lights
    - warm up regulator
    - bypass valve
    - auxiliary air valve
    - cold start injector
    - brake master pump
    - front wheel bearings

Some of them were close to turning my dream of owning a Ferrari into a nightmare ... if it wasn't for the cross references and local New Old Stock !!
    I have been buying everything I can find that I know to be NLA. Next thing will be making the molds for the front parking/signal lights and selling them on ebay. (european version)

Around here there are a few people looking for parts for 328's, 348's and Testarossa's

This is not the way to take care of the Ferrari heritage, and totally unacceptable for someone used to deal with British cars. They do know how to preserve their history !!

12. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    These are available (rebuilt) from specialtauto.com. I know because I just bought one.

13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

FWIW:

- fog lights I have these
    - parking lights I have these orange/orange
    - warm up regulator
    - bypass valve
    - auxiliary air valve
    - cold start injector I have these
    - brake master pump
    - front wheel bearings I have these

14. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Wow, would you please PM me prices for the fog light and cold start injector ?
    The parking lights would have to be european (white/orange) and I have already bought a few (well, ALL) front wheel bearings that my local shop had in stock :)

Thanks,
    Rui

15. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Thanks! I will take a look

16. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Thanks, jdubois ! They will rebuild a used unit, which is better than having none !
    This forum is great !

17. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    No sweat! They do a good job too, the rebuilt unit I got looked and worked like new.

18. philip litchfield

Sep 5, 2007
    northants u.k.
    #143 philip litchfield, Feb 15, 2008
    Desperately require part no 111838- for my 79 308GTB- which is a distributor shield / cover ( usually has a high voltage sticker on it ) apparently only fitted to GTB model, i am also requiring an electric aerial switch, as mine has been replaced at some stage with a non-original one.
    Regards

19. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    TRX (220/55/R390) tires ---- at non-extortion prices!!!

20. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Not too long ago TireRack carried the 220's for about $220 each. They didn't have the wider 245's which are only available from Coker for $400+. They weren't easy to find on their website, so it's best to call to if they still carry them.

21. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    If anyone needs them. I remanufactured the toggle piece using high strength stainless. They dont break, they fit all Mondials and they are really easy to install.
    Let me know.
    - Ron Frohock

22. mini_ferrari

mini_ferrari Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    Full Name:
    Jerry Preisel
    When you call Coker, be sure to ask for Jerry. I give all the FChat guys a discount.

23. 8valve

8valve Formula 3

Sep 3, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mick A.
    Hi Philip!
    Nice pic! I'm sorry you missed out on the shield I had. Regarding your aerial switch, be aware that there are in fact two OEM types: one that looks like all the other switches with the black round knob, and the very early style that is a shiny metal longer shaped switch.
    Kind regards, mick

24. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Neither of which are available. A few months ago I spent several days w/o luck trying to track down someone who might carry, mfg or reproduce the antenna switches. Apparently they were unique to Ferrari.

25. t3thomas

t3thomas Formula Junior

May 9, 2008
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    GThomas
    Verrell;

Noticed you had aquired a plastic injection unit. Have you heard of anyone else needing a replacement plastic cover for the seatback top plate? I beleive the right and left side are interchangeable, oh and it may be used in more cars than just the 308's.