Undercarriage anti-rust treatment for a 348 | FerrariChat

Undercarriage anti-rust treatment for a 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by Marco89, Nov 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marco89

Marco89 Rookie

Mar 11, 2017
  2. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I think the best investment is to buy something else to drive in the winter. I'm sure these rust preventing agents work well, but it's impossible to keep the salt/brine out of everywhere. The electronics on these cars are temperamental enough without added corrosion.

Bertil likes this.
  3. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have never used any rust preventative treatments, but I know that its also your car and you can do what you like with it.

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
  5. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yep and mine still has it on there, some sticky stuff when it gets hot.

6. blue90

blue90 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Dave
    If I lived in Norway or Sweden & loved older sports cars I would purchase any Porsche with special zinc coating underneath on suspension. 944 definitely, or 911?? Realistically anything AWD with zinc coated suspension.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

7. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    waxoyl would be a great product to use. Wurth makes a spray on product as well.

8. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    Here's another reason to avoid the salt: you're concerned with the obvious steel body and chassis corrosion, but don't forget the wiring. I replaced many of the electrical connectors in the engine bay and was horrified by the condition of the copper wire strands in many of the wires I stripped. Instead of shiny copper it was black, brittle crud. Some kind of moisture must have gotten past the rubber boots and under the insulation to cause that, so driving around on wet and salty roads that could accelerate that process would be I'll advised.

Sent from my VS990 using FerrariChat.com mobile app