Undiscovered Country | FerrariChat

Undiscovered Country

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Apr 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have a friend who was a tour guide in the Himalayan Kingdom of Bhutan who asked me to pass his link around. Ive been to Bhutan twice and if you want to see the closest thing to Shangri La this is probably it. It really is a spectacularly beautiful country. They only started to get technology like cell phones & satellite TV in the 90s so its still virgin country & much cleaner & less travelled than Nepal, India, or many other Asian countries.

So for all you adventurers
    http://www.seebhutan.com

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    William, thanks for posting that. Neat site with beautiful shots.

What did you like the most about Bhutan? The least? The 14 day tour looks like a great one.

3. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Looks incredible. If I recall correctly, Bhutan issues some postage stamps in the late 80's with Disney motifs. Maybe it was the Jungle Book.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I went there about 20 years ago on a school trip (attended a boarding school in India). It's simple and simply beautiful. Nepal, once you get away from the big cities, is also spectacular. If anyone goes, please post pictures!