Unknown Ferrari Watch | FerrariChat

Unknown Ferrari Watch

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Farlov1, Jul 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Farlov1

Farlov1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    Joe Walker
    Hello so I was given this watch from a friend and I don’t see any model number or S/N so now I’m questioning the authenticity of the watch. Any assistance with identifying this watch would be greatly appreciated.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    Traditionally watches will have model numbers and serial numbers on the inside. Very recently a number of watches have this etched on the outer caseback...
    I don't know what watches Ferrari has sanctioned but my two cents is that it seems a bit cheap and probably not an official trademarked watch. I mean Porsche Design watches and items exude quality and true-to-form functioning. Why wouldn't Ferrari do the same? This watch masquerades as a chronograph but the left register going 1-7 probably is the day of the week (who refers to Monday as day #1? or is it 2?) - and the right, the date. Many of the hands don't get near the hash marks (yes famous and high-quality watches now have this style but the distance on yours is a bit pronounced). The style seems a bit "robotic/futuristic". In all I hate to tell you but if it were to fall off your wrist you'd not be for want on this one...If you can open it by all means post a pic of the movement.

3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It appears to be a fake to me. Ferrari now releases so many lower end quartz and mechanical watches, that it's hard to match it to all the possible models. But even at the lower end, it doesn't seem to be even a knockoff of a real watch, but a poorly designed watch with Ferrari marks added to it.

- Overall build/finish quality is poor.
    - It's in the style of a chronograph, but the top two subdials are actually a poorly done day-of-week/day-of-month complication.
    - It's not clear what the lower subdial is supposed to be, but if it's intended as a calendar watch, it would be missing a month indication.
    - Normally a subdial with only 180 degrees of index marks might be a power reserve or jumping month indicator, but this one has an undersize red hand pointing at the unmarked 180 degree part of the circle so it means nothing. It appears the only purpose of the lower subdial is to have an F1 steering wheel graphic.
    - Ferrari doesn't usually put both the Ferrari logo text and the scudetto together. They both signify Ferrari and are redundant that close together.