Unobtainable part? | FerrariChat

Unobtainable part?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 348paul, Jun 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    #1 348paul, Jun 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just thought I would post a picture of one of the latest parts that we have been asked to reproduce, as it is no longer available from the factory. The item on the left is a Dino selector fork that has obvious signs of excessive wear. The item on the right is the same selector fork manufactured by Hill Engineering in Nickel Aluminium Bronze.

It’s nice to know that we managed to contribute a little in keeping one these fabulous cars on the road!

Cheers

Paul
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Beautiful!!

How much, how soon???

Dave

3. stratos

stratos Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Switzerland
    Do you also make the 1st gear and reverse selector (different design than the one shown)?

4. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Dave,

We only made the one for our customer as I presumed that these would not be that much of a popular item, however we have all the drawings and CNC programs made so making these as and when will not be a problem. Current delivery time is approx 3 weeks, and they are approx £330.

Stratos,

We have not made the 1st/Reverse or 2nd/3rd selector, as I believe that these are still available form the factory. If anyone wanted one made from aluminium bronze we could make them but would need a sample to reverse engineer.

Cheers

Paul

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Paul,

You do some great work!