Unofficial 308 tool kit specifications | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Unofficial 308 tool kit specifications

Discussion in '308/328' started by piezo, Nov 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I can't speak to the Everest wrench question, but I would say with about 99% certainty that the screwdrivers are original and correct.

The value of these tools has to do with originality and scarcity, and little or nothing to do with quality.

2. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    350 USD including shipping 😎

3. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

For Everest sets, it comes with the Tommy bar type spark plug wrench and the wrench set consists of all Everest No.22 wrenches including 6/7, 8/9, 10/11, 12/13, 14/15, 16/17, 18/19 and 20/22. You should have a 14/15 instead of a 14/14 combination wrench as you don't need the 14mm ring end to work with the Tommy bar spark plug wrench.

4. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

Not too steep for its rarity.

5. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd

Thanks Steven

So as I don't have the tommy bar plug wrench and the car is an 81 GTSi, I'm assuming they should be polytools spanners ? Or get a14/15 Everest spanner and tommy bar socket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

Look at my previous post #438. For the year of 81, you have a few choices.

7. bvdp

bvdp Karting

May 30, 2007
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bart vdp
    The t-bar emergency window opener is hard to find. It does not seem to complicated. Does anyone know an imitation or has anyone ever tried to make a good copy?

Regards, Bart

8. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #583 piezo, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    There were a few for sale in the past few months from Italy, on eBay. Good luck.

Edit: But beware of the non-original ones. They sell them for the price of originals as well.

9. offtheworkigo

offtheworkigo Karting

Feb 23, 2016
    Rockwall
    Full Name:
    Dave Hoffer
    I have 2 somewhere. Bought one soon after I bought the car. One day I removed the driver seat and found one. Its been a while since I've seen them, I don't keep the tools and jack in the car, I will look for them both. They both looked almost like new.

10. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    I would pull out the best tools from each set and keep the best set for myself, then sell the other one. Somewhere, there is a 308 owner who would pay a lot of money for the second set.

11. Bradley

Bradley F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2006
    Lakewood, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bradley
    #586 Bradley, Feb 23, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Neither of these sets is the original 308 tool kit screwdrivers, but I think that they would make reasonable substitutes for those who are missing some or all from their tool kit.

Set one: Deep orange (almost red) handles, closer in size to the original spec drivers, but tips are black. These may be "PB Swiss" tools alluded to in another thread as good quality alternatives to original spec.

Set two: Lighter orange, closer in color to the handles of the original screwdrivers, except that these handles are fatter and only four-flute. Not sure of the manufacturer, but similar or identical tools frequently appear on eBay as "Ferrari screwdrivers," and the seller is usually in Italy. Interesting. . .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I did a thread search for Vetroresina tool kit and came up blank. Are there any postings regarding this subject?

13. piezo

piezo Formula 3

May 27, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Steven

I've grouped them according to year approximately but not model as that appears to be more appropriate.

See my post #438.

14. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If anyone is interested I have made a very small run of 308 replica screwdrivers with the V12000 in print into the handle.
    The large screwdrivers / pozi are 225mm long, the smaller ones 207mm long.
    PM me if you are interested.
    Tony

15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
  16. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    Jack kit looks pretty good, missing the spare globe holder. Screwdrivers not original, pliers probably look ok from what can be seen. Need more info / pics of the spanners, and also what year/model car they’re correct for

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    It's a '77 GTB, i took these pics ,not very good quality i'm afraid.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. robertgarven

robertgarven F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2002
    Ventura, California
    Full Name:
    Robert Garven
    The Jack kit is missing the round green light spare case. The second screwdriver to the right looks like it could be correct. Check the wrenches for Everest No. 22, bar could be one half the spark wrench.

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Thanks Richard,i think the spanners are Everest,can't check again right now as i am travelling, and car tucked up for the winter.

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Thanks Robert, so i can start looking around for the matching screwdriver,also the bulb case ,and the rest of the spark wrench to start with.:).

I cannot check the exact spanners right now but i do remember they are Everest.

I assume the leather strap on the tool roll is not original though?

21. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    The leather straps on the jack bag look correct. As Robert said Everest 22 for the spanners

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ok thanks Richard, looking at the screwdrivers again ...the one on the left is nothing like anything shown by the OP, and the other one seems much too 'red' so i have doubts about it also.

Never knew 40 yr old tools could be soo interesting :D.

23. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    Yes i agree, i have the early screwdrivers in my kit, they are more orange in colour and although I cant tell particularly well from the picture, the handle shape on the right hand screwdriver isn't correct

24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    So i will start the search ,i guess ebay is about the only place,other than FChat of course :).

Do you have a pic of your screwdriver set for reference?Same for early carb cars? thanks.