Unofficial Roadside Assistance in the US | FerrariChat

Unofficial Roadside Assistance in the US

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Skywhale, Sep 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    I’m new to Ferrari ownership, and like many, I bought mine used from NOT Ferrari. When I’ve owned other premium brands, I almost always bought them from their official brand dealerships and therefore some kind of roadside assistance was included.

In this case, I don’t have any such thing. Can I add it with my insurance? Yes. Can I buy AAA? Yes.

But my question is if there is any exotic-focused or Ferrari-familiar roadside services that are nationwide in the US? If I drive out of state, I just want that piece of mind that whoever I call is familiar with the car, knows how to tow it, and knows where to tow it.

Is there any such service? Do you just use Ferrari’s even though you bought the car from someone other than Ferrari?

I know it may seem like a weird question, but so far, Ferrari ownership is pretty weird… lol

2. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Evan the Ferrari North American Roadside assistance is nothing special and it is managed by Allstate, nothing special or exotic

3. Skywhale

Skywhale Karting

Aug 17, 2022
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Carsten
    I don’t know if I’m disappointed or relieved. :)

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I just had to have my 599 towed - and used State Farm road side Ins. You have to just insist on a Flat bed and use the towing eye provided in the tool kit.
    and watch that they dont scratch / Harm the underside spoilers too bad.... if you do Ferrari road side - its like a 2 hour wait... they are not that helpful.

5. Circle K

Circle K Karting

Dec 21, 2017
    Full Name:
    KC
    I’ve done both, my AAA and Geico, just make sure they know they’re picking up a Ferrari and a flat bed with extension ramp. You might have to pay first, the insurance will reimburse

tomc likes this.
  6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I have used AAA without issue. Just tell them in advance the car is very low.

Beware, I learned from an insurance agent, that using the "roadside assistance" portion of your insurance is considered the same as an accident claim and goes against your claim history, and ultimately affecting your rates. He represented several companies and said all the ones he represented handled it that way. It would be worth inquiring in advance of using the service how your own insurance would consider such a claim.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I believe the FNA roadside assistance app gives you free 100 miles of flat bed coverage, as long as the car is taken to an authorized FNA Ferrari dealership for repairs.
    That was the reason I put the app on my phone. The only issue is you need to reapply and enter your info and VIN every year to reactivate the coverage. Got to be a pain and I haven't updated it in at least three years now... I am unsure if the program is still run the same. But again, you only get the flat bed coverage, no lock out, or jump start or out of gas coverage like new car purchasers.