Unreal power after injector cleaning | FerrariChat

Unreal power after injector cleaning

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by JIMBO, Feb 2, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JIMBO

JIMBO Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Bradenton, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jim DeRespino
    I've owned this 1994 512TR for 20 years. It had 9000 miles when I bought it, now over 68,000. Over the years I've upgraded the fuse box, eliminated the cats, done 2 majors, optimized the timing and adjusted the valves. I had the old girl running nearly perfectly - or so I thought.
    I removed the injectors a couple of weeks ago and brought them in a baggie to Florida Injectors in Pinellas Park. $25 per injector to disassemble, clean and test. I looked for some new units but these are no longer made by Bosch and unavailable.
    UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE !
    This car has NEVER run so strong. The power increase is scary. My cylinder 7 CEL went away.
    The owner of Florida Injectors, Andrew, said they were very dirty and only flowing at 65% with poor atomization.
    I feel stupid for not cleaning them earlier. Best money I have ever spent on this car, hands down. This is what a Ferrari 12 was supposed to feel like. It's like having a new car. And it only takes 20 minutes to remove/install all 12 injectors.
    I'm sure a lot of you know this already, but I am amazed.

VColin, peteficarra, 71veedub and 2 others like this.
  2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    had a similar experience on the f40

3. tf308

tf308 Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Yes. Easy to do and I also recommend doing this. It’s always nice when you can validate problems and feel a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat