Update firmware for head unit | FerrariChat

Update firmware for head unit

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ferrari52000, Jan 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari52000

ferrari52000 Rookie

Jul 16, 2014
    Newtown, PA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looking on how to update the firmware, navigation mapping in 2010 California head unit.
    Thanks,
    Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    No idea but Happy Birthday. You got me by 1 yr and 1 day. Mine was yesterday. As for the mapping update, I updated the entire unit with a Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX. Figured I’d enjoy the tech and can always sell the original or swap it back.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Jongbeau

Jongbeau Rookie

Nov 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason Wang
    When you upgraded to the pioneer, do the steering wheel controls (skip + volume) still work?

Any other tips for doing the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Embarrassed to say I’m not even aware of the controls on the steering wheel. I’ve had this 2010 for a year and all I look at on the wheel is the LED on the top. I use my iPhone and the unit itself to control the music, etc. Although TOMC would say keep it off and just listen to the roar of the engine! My installer (located in Charlotte) had to order a harness from Ferrari but other than that it was straightforward. PM me and I’ll send you his contact info. We fly home from Alberta today and it’ll be 68 deg and sunny this weekend. I’ll look for and experiment with those controls then and let you know.

5. Alun Griffiths

Apr 14, 2019
    Also looking at an upgrade of a infotainment system on a Cali. Could you please send me the details or your guy? Thanks,

6. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    PM sent

7. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Ferrari offers this aftermarket option for the Cali. There may be less expensive options but this unit was designed to work seamlessly with the steering wheel controls on your Ferrari California. IT is possible to add a backup camera to the system as well.

Ferrari Genuine 2DIN Infotainment System, with rear camera With the 2DIN Infotainment System offered by Ferrari Genuine, customers can upgrade their cars with state of the art navigation, multimedia connectivity and audio entertainment technology. The system is entirely touchscreen based and includes advanced functions that assist the driver under normal driving conditions without altering the ergonomics of the original controls. The functions include compatibility with Apple CarPlay and Siri, an advanced GPS navigation system with 3D graphics and voice control and a customizable equalizer. The system is fully incorporated into the vehicle courtesy of an installation kit which includes special surrounds, integrated steering wheel control systems and software developed specifically by Ferrari Genuine. The system includes a CD/DVD player for listening to your favorite music.

Attached Files:

8. Justin Roca

Justin Roca Rookie

May 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Justin van Noort
    Where'd you get that? I can't find anything on their website. I got a local dealer (I'm in Switzerland) who wants to charge me CHF 7 394 (pretty much the same in USD) to upgrade to a new system with rear cam, but that seems excessive to me, even if it is Ferrari...Wouldn't mind knowing what brand the system actually is.

9. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I work for an official dealer in the US. The cost of the system including tax and install is $ 2,829.95 USD at our store. If one wants to add the rear view camera the cost is an additional $995.00. This unit is only available on US model year cars 2010-2014. A backup camera can be added for an additional $ 995.00. I have no idea if the unit is offered in Europe or not. I believe the actual manufacturer of the head unit is Clarion.

Federal man likes this.
  10. Forzait60

Forzait60 Rookie

Apr 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ethan
    Hi Tfazio,

Can you tell me breakout on parts and labor for that? Also where are you located? I just got 2012 Cali and was talking to my dealer re this and they could find no information.

Thanks!