Updated classified section rules - effective 1/1/2019 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Updated classified section rules - effective 1/1/2019

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ylshih, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #76 TTR, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    So listing just soliciting discreet/private offers is not allowed, even with Classified Subscription ?

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #77 TTR, Jan 14, 2019
    Sorry for not being clearer. I’ve been considering Classified Subscription for listing a (vintage) car for sale here, but rather than providing an “asking price” I’d prefer to offer additional privacy and discretion to those eventually involved with final transaction by soliciting offer(s) from seriously interested parties.
    I don’t even want to share any identifying details, including photos or its VIN publicly for same reasons.

P.S. I do like the limiting of nonsense comments/replies though.

3. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    The rules are pretty clear about posting a price. FChat classifieds really isn't a venue for "Private Treaty" sales. I conduct quite a bit of high-end collectible business by private treaty because the buyers and sellers prefer anonymity and do not want the details of the transaction to be available to the public.

4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #79 ylshih, Jan 14, 2019
    I would think that a statement like "entertaining market offers above $1.5M" would meet the asking price requirement. Fact is, we don't know the final sales price in many cases (although it's usually less than the asking price, there's no reason why it can't be above), so as long as you set a rational floor or a range (I think we would frown on "offers above $1" as that would just subject you to ridicule and make work for us), then the remaining negotiations and final price could always be in private.

BOKE and Dave rocks like this.
  5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, I was hoping to see if it could be established and/or utilized as such.
    Fortunately I didn't fork out the $$s right before the rule change, which seem to include some retro-active requirements.

OK, understood, but given the car in question is intended and will likely appeal only to a very limited pool of potential buyers, perhaps fewer than couple of dozen individuals around the world, all whom likely are aware of (published) "average market values" of the given make/model and/or will likely seek some outside advise/assistance in assessing/inspecting it before submitting an offer, would something like "offers above (perceived) median market average considered" meet the asking price requirement ?
    Or would publishing that "average" be enough ?

I know my approach is unconventional and my questions are likely stretching the patience of admin & mods, but just trying to establish a clear understanding before selecting marketing avenue for this and other items or products I may wish to offer in the future. I believe some marketing outlets like eBay, FML, etc require VIN to list and therefor IMO don't offer enough discretion/privacy (for the car).

6. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You can't be so vague as to effectively bypass the requirement. I suppose you could identify the last 3 comparable sales, the price each sold at, and a statement "we feel that this example is superior to these last 3 sales and will entertain offers commensurate with such a baseline" or you could publish an "expected price range" like an auction house would.

7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thank you.

8. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    OK, so I've read the rules & the 4 pages of comments here, but it's still unclear to me how the # of cars for sale is determined.
    I'm reducing my collection from 5 to 3, and currently have my TR4 (listed last year and yet unsold) and expect to list my Multipla in the near future once it's finally finished. One per year implies I can have both running concurrently since thy will have been listed in different years.

correct or incorrect?

& FWIW, I'd choose # 1 option -

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Correct.

10. Alex_sydney2019

Feb 4, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Alex J
    Hi. I’m trying to post on individual classified forum but it doesn’t come up as an option to list a new thread.
    Are you able to advise?
    Many thanks

11. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I advise you to go back and read the first post which says you have to be a subscribed user of Silver or Rossa level to post ads. ;)

JohnBradleyDaniels likes this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Just curious why do my pot on feralc 360 for sale keep being deleted? Same thing for Shamile?
    Why? Can’t ask or tell someone they have a nice car or are meticulous ? What Is the rule that prevents that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You were able to find this thread, but couldn't take the time to read the new rules?

Read post #1. :cool:

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Right - once again it’s not the first time I notice interesting moderating at your end.
    I know the seller, I say he is meticulous and would buy from him with no issues, shamile says the same. That is exactly what we are allowed to do as per post one, I’d love to what was wrong ; feel free to expose me or my comments there because I truly think on this one u are not respecting the rule.

See what I am referring to:
    «
    Anyone posting on an ad must be 1) asking a legitimate and relevant question; or 2) providing accurate, first-hand information on that specific car, item, or seller. All other commentary (negative or positive comments regarding the condition or asking price, comparing asking price to current market/recent sales/other cars or items for sale, critiques or plaudits for the seller, etc.) will be deleted and repeat offenders will be subject to infraction/ban/etc at the discretion of the moderators. »

15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You were not simply saying you knew Fercalc and he was a good buyer. You and Shamile went on for 4 or 5 posts having a discussion about the cost of maintenance of a 360 versus a Murcielago Roadster and also comparing it to the cost of maintenance of a Testarossa. An ad for a 360 is not the place to have a discussion about other cars, nor is it a place to express an opinion on the relative cost of maintenance of 360's. That's a discussion forum topic and your deletion notice said something to that effect.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Then u could have deleted parts but not everything ? I have seen you do this with other post when you took off the unnecessary bits.
    Listen I get it u are doing ur best but then the forum totally loses credibility when you have people like one in the picture attached typing non sense stuff all the time. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    This may be deleted but you got admit the rules should apply to everyone and everything no?
    Again I get it u are doing ur best but...

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  17. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    It's entirely up to the mod and how much time he has at that moment. If it's one post, with one or two lines, maybe. But if it's multiple posts, then it's much more likely they just get deleted.

The posts in your attachment were in response to this post of yours.

He's not entitled to respond? Do you think your opinion of him gets to override those who are fine doing business with him? It's obvious YC is very polarizing, but he does have his fans, some who swear by him. We don't weigh in either way on that question, it's up to users to make their own decisions.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Of course he is but as u can see no nobody call him bro, daddy or things like that not to mention the constant price swinging. Being polite and transparent is a minimum right? Anyways have a great evening.

19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You say he's so sketchy that you wouldn't give him a penny and then you complain that he calls you "bro"??? Were you being "polite as a minimum"? Seriously, grow up and put on some big boy pants. :rolleyes:

We don't treat sponsors any better or worse than any other user, aside from their paid for posting privileges. If you can't take the heat from the comments you make, then maybe you're not up to making them. :cool:

20. Natkingcolebasket69

I think u should read of his posts and then comment...clearly money talks and I don’t buy for a second that sponsors are treated any different...but hey if that’s what you believe that’s great. Have a good night.

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #96 ylshih, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Well you have to be there when sponsors get smackdowns, which generally isn't public.

I see you reported my post above ... which was promptly reviewed and rejected ... by me.

Let me refer you to this:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cyber-suicide by moderator

BOKE likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

#97 Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2019
    Oh my that I didn’t do intentionally ; my apologies I let you run your online kingdom ;) I will return to my TR section ; more fun there.

23. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Continued baiting, despite warnings. 7-day ban.

24. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Instead of going through the 1000+ ads, is there a way to group all the 308's or 355's or 488's?

25. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    One uses the Search function.