Upgrade from 458 to Aventador? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Upgrade from 458 to Aventador?

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by GiveMeSomethingICanUse, Sep 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I don't own an Aventador. I've driven one. lovely!
    I suggest you go test drive one and see what you think. Only you can decide if it's a yes or no.
    Although the money side is important, you can't put a price on happiness. Besides, who buys a top end sports car on the cheap, or expecting it not to depreciate or cost some $$$ in servicing costs. No one. You only live once. Make it count.

R

2. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    I find that really interesting people don't take pics of the 458 I think its a beautiful car.

My 92 Fly yellow Diablo gets crazy attention, I can't take it anywhere without it getting filmed stopped or cameras out the window but thats probably why I don't drive it too much,I get pulled over right and left doing nothing wrong, one cop followed me and my wife to a local Walmart were we always go in the tire area lights flashing behind when we parked almost insisting it were a replica then his buddy show up soon after in another cop car lol. Instant Celebrity driving it, want friends take it around the block lol.

To the OP
    I do miss the tossible lazer precision of the Ferraris and the high pitch wail at 9000 rpm gonna add another soon, get both if you can.

3. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
  4. WJGESQ

WJGESQ Formula 3

Dec 30, 2004
    But the Lamborghinis don't have the issues w variators and headers and busted transmissions.

5. GiveMeSomethingICanUse

Jan 26, 2016
    Since this thread has now been revived I'll give a short update. I finally had the chance to test drive the Avvy and decided to keep my 458 for the time being. At the end of the day I was somewhat disappointed. I guess I walked in with too high expectations, based on the price difference and the sheer aura about it. I posted a longer write up in the 458 section but for those who are interested here's what I found: anything but corsa seemed to have really sluggish gear changes. A whole lot better than my Gallardo back in the days but still miles behind the dual clutches that are sitting in most modern super cars nowadays. The whole car felt like a really really refined Gallardo. The distinctive lambo feel throughout. The gas pedal has a longer throw than the 458, perhaps even longer than the other lambos too. I don't remember the Huracan having such a long throw. Engine note was somewhat underwhelming. It had the sports exhaust upgrade from Lamborghini. I think a 3rd party exhaust is a must. Overall I liked the car, but it didn't blow me away as much as I'd hoped it would. In the end I got back into my 458 and felt like I was driving a much newer car. Would I get one if I could afford to get one in addition to the 458? No question. The car is absolutely mesmerizingly stunning to look at. But as someone already said, the 458 is a drivers car, the avvy an arrivers car. Seemed more valid than ever before after driving it. Please note that these are my observations and I do not mean to offend owners of the Aventador. It is an insane car and still on my wish list.

6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Something I recently paid attention to is the clutch. I was actually surprised to learn that the aventador got a single clutch. that begs the question: how is traffic driving when stuck at walking pace for 1 hours? nobody has given any feedback on that topic and city driving. I know that the point is not to drive in traffic but for those who actually use their car, they know it is unavoidable.

7. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    No doubt the single clutch is a disadvantage. I wish it had a double clutch like the Ferrari's dual set up.

The Adventador at very high throttle can bank the back. The factory has a fix that my dealership did for me. I no longer think it is a problem.

I think it is one of the most stunning cars you can buy today. I love the car.

Best

Lee

8. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I have found my 458 and my Adventador to be very reliable. The older Ferrari's and Lamborghini's has some service issues but in my view that is behind them now. Even in the early days the cars gave good service if driven aggressively but not beaten. The Corvettes by comparison are has reliable as an anvil and seem not to care if beaten.

The American car had issues in the past also they did not handle like European cars did. That has all changed. I think the C7 Corvette is as good as my 458 and the new Z/28 is better yet.

Best

Lee

9. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    The only thing you will be upgrading with the AV, is the amount you pay for a car, and the amount you loose in depreciation every month.

10. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You forgot looks, sound and performance. I didnt know 458's were appreciating these days. Ill need to look into that.