Upgraded HiFi for 812 | FerrariChat

Upgraded HiFi for 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Shack, Nov 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I have searched the threads and there does not seem to be much information on the HiFi upgrade for the 812. I read its not that great on the F12 but is it any better on the 812?

Thoughts?

2. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I have a F12 with the upgraded HiFi. It sounds great to me. I know it's a cliché but really I question how much you'll want to listen to it when compared to the beautiful sound of the engine.

3. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    I tried to get an impression during my test drive in Luxembourg - the demo car has upgraded HiFi - in my eyes no big difference to the "ordinary" (not upgraded) Sound System in my F12, especially in relation to the otpion price (some 4.500 EUR).
    In addition I noticed that the upgraded system takes some boot space (left behind the wheel).
    I will take the ordinary system and have it upgraded by an expert - I have done that before in my 458 Spider and the result was perfect.

MalibuGuy likes this.
  4. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Can u explain what your guy did?

5. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    Revox system with new bass/mid range speakers in the doors, new high range speakers in specially built mirror-angles, amplifier and digital sound processor - he develops and builds the sound systems for novitec rosso...

Makuono and Shack like this.
  6. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Thanks

7. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    In regards to the 458 upgrade, were you able to improve the FM radio reception.
    Where I live, my 458 struggles to pull in stations which many other cars can receive.
    I think it has something to do with the antenna

8. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    So I had a good listen to the upgraded JBL system (1500W, 15 speakers, fibre optic connections to speakers etc) in a Lusso. Sounded fantastic. Its the same system in the 812SF. Decided to go with it. Order now locked :)

9. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    No - sorry, I did not notice any improvement on the FM reception (which in my case was no issue at all...)

10. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Also bought the upgraded system in the Lusso and thought it was a great improvement so ordered it in the 812 Superfast

stavura, jumpinjohn and Shack like this.
  11. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I did not Know that revox makes car audio equipment
    May I ask you who did that work and where ?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

12. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    www.automagie.de

13. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Thank you!

Envoyé de mon SM-G800H en utilisant Tapatalk

14. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I have an F12 with the upgraded hi-fi. It sounds very good. You could do better after market - and I have done this on prior cars- I can tell you it will likely cost far more than the option cost and still be compromised because its inside a car- and a fairly loud one at that. I just like to have music that sounds dynamic at times. And at times I like to turn the stereo off completely. My opinion - if you like to listen to music, the hi-fi upgrade is worth it.

15. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I have the upgraded hifi in my 2017 F12.

I can confirm that there is definitely an improvement over some earlier cars I tested but not sure when the changes took place, but you can assume the 812 is at least a# good.

The same applies to Lusso v FF. a significant improvement.

16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    This is great as decent sound is important to quite a few of us when we are stuck in traffic

Caeruleus11 and deltona like this.