URUS compared to FF | FerrariChat

URUS compared to FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jordan68, Oct 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I took the URUS today for a test drive, in brief:
    1. You are setting an Audi
    2. No wow factor at all
    3. You do not feel u are in a Lamborghini
    4. Delay in gear change ....in all driving modes
    5. My SVR, sounds better, faster in gear shift, you feel that the SVR has more power

Urus for sure is not in the same league at all ...cannot be compared to my SVR and for sure cannot be compared to my FF... very disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamashek, SpeedExceed, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  2. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I would never think to compare the Urus to an FF.....they aren't the same type of vehicle.....The lambo SUV will be great for the bottom line however and I'm sure will sell well initially....

Jordan68 likes this.
  3. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    #3 Jordan68, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Agreed... no comparison between the 2cars. But I bought my FF to have it as a DD w 4 seater ... so I wanted to test if URUS will be close to it !!! No wow factor

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you for the writeup/ impressions of the Urus. I'm very curious to learn more about this new vehicle. My first impression is it does not appeal to me for all the usual reasons, but I have learned I can be wrong so, so I like to hear from people with real experience.

5. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    I believe urus shares the same engine as the cayenne turbo, with a hp bump

Jordan68 likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Not my experience at all....Urus was very nice esp interior design and quality compared to Rover and I loved the sound. Shifted very fast and sporty. Have to set it up in the proper modes much like a Aventador.

7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Same, I drove one and it was pretty impressive. We have a Cayenne Turbo (2016) and I was thinking of replacing it with that but I just can't handle the kids destroying these things the way they do let alone the wife. Very impressive and its actually pretty dang good value when you think of what you get for the money. Yes its a Cayenne etc. but its pretty impressive, it sounded pretty good as well. Anyhow we opted for a full size range rover autobiography and I like it a lot! My only issue with the Range compared to the Cayenne is the tech, its just not as snappy and easy to use.

8. Ferro458

Ferro458 Karting

May 26, 2014
    This is not true. Perhaps they share the same block, but the total top end of the engine, that is the heads, the valves, the turbos are all designed and unique to Lamborghini.

9. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Phew! My suspicion now is confirmed. Wallet saved from wife

10. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    According to my experience and when u compare it to RR SVR.... SVR is way better in sound, power, gear shift ...etc

plastique999 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  11. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I tried all modes my friend and still the SVR is faster in gear shift for sure.... the delay is very obvious

12. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    I was hoping to like the car, I was looking for an SUV which will give me the Sports car’s feeling, to be better than my SVR and to be able to trade in my FF w it ( I love my FF but after 4 years of ownership I thought it might be time to replace it)

As I mentioned I felt I am in my wife’s Porsche Cayenne ... I tried all driving mode, it was nice and powerful but not like my SVR, and again the delay in gear shift is there

So I am sure it’s not for me... in DUBAI the price of an URUS is very close to 812 and it’s double the price of an SVR if not more !!! So I am sorry but it’s not worth it

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    This vehicle is meant to bring new buyers to the marque. I think it will be successful at that. That it may not impress enthusiasts doesn't surprise me. I expect the FUV to be better and different.

14. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Agreed 100%

G. Pepper likes this.
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thank you for your impressions after you did the Urus test drive. Your evaluation is more or less in line with Top Gear review: "If there’s a weak link, it’s the gearbox". "Put any notions of the Urus sounding remotely like its V10 and V12-engined brothers to bed right away, because where the Huracan barks and shrieks, the Urus woofles and rumbles". "However, finding that ultimate connection with the car is hard. It’s an engineering achievement to be applauded, but it’s what this car represents………"

16. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Range Rover tech sucks. Wife has a 2018 Velar and RR should be embarrassed. My first and last Range Rover. I was against the purchase but she loved the way it looks. I felt it was way overdone on the technology side and no way they could get all that right. I was correct

timjen88, Caeruleus11 and Jordan68 like this.
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i think the ursus looks horrible. i think all SUVs look horrible. The bentley SUV is horrendous. so the only SUV i like looking at is the full size rover from 2007 on. My 07 HSE and 011 SC are an absolute pleasure to drive and since i own ferraris i dont think maintaining the RRs has been bad at all.

So with bentely and lambo missing the mark - what is everyone's goto SUV if 3rd row isnt part of the equation? Full size RR and deal with the stone-age technology?

I also hate the porsche suv as i generally dislike porsches.

LI2782 and of2worlds like this.
  18. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    There are several models and car manufactures just because everyone has his own taste: you don't like Urus, I don't like FF/GTC4 Lusso, and this is normal, of course. Here (I'm from Modena) Lamborghini has so many URUS in order that they are overwhelmed and forced to work day and night.

ciao

of2worlds, G. Pepper and Jordan68 like this.
  19. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    You are right 100% ... even when I got my SVR , sensors were not working correctly and the dealer spent 2 weeks until he fixed it !!

timjen88 likes this.
  20. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Agreed

21. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    +1
    Urus tech much better. Wouldn’t be surprised if reliability significantly superior to RR also.

junc, timjen88, Jordan68 and 2 others like this.
  22. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I can understand why a woman prefer the Range Rover Autobiography or the Velar: they have a lot of charme, a lot of elegance and a big dose of luxury. The URUS is a "male" car, aggressive, superfast and for "machos": women usually don't like such kind of cars. But there is no game about tech, handling, quality and performances…

ciao

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Non the first time ive been called a female!
    But for me aesthetics matter setting aside the ff

of2worlds and Jordan68 like this.
  24. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’ve got one better. 2 months old and dead in the driveway. Dragged onto a flat bed. 3 weeks at the dealer to figure out it was a bad airbag sensor multiple “fixes”. The car is so advanced the techs can’t even figure the **** out.

Jordan68 likes this.
  25. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    A friend of mine just got the Velar. Very good looking truck. I'm not much of a truck person so to me they are all the same. At least Range Rover can be viewed as the authentic brand for these kinds of vehicles. They are not the most reliable. But then again, most of us here have more than one vehicle anyway. I should add my experience with several Range Rover dealers and Range Rovers in general leads me to believe their problems are from a lack of proper training of both the sales and service staff. Most people I have encountered that work for Range Rover are well meaning. But that isn't enough. They rely too much on the fact that they are a unique and beloved brand. That will be more and more under attack. As they go for ever increasing sales, Land Rover needs to get their act together. I bet they will because this isn't a secret and they have the ability to do so.

Back to the Lamborghini, simply based on looks, and I have seen it in person, its just not what I view as authentic to the brand. I know they had the LM002- but that was really an outrageous vehicle. This is too close to badge engineering that GM used to do- remember Oldsmobuick? Same with the Bentley.

So I appreciate hearing everyone's real world experiences with these new vehicles. If I was going to buy a Lamborghini it would be the Huracan Performante coupe.