US Grand Prix seating question | FerrariChat

US Grand Prix seating question

Discussion in 'F1' started by TGarretson, May 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TGarretson

TGarretson Rookie

Mar 28, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Tom Garretson
    Hey all, I'm about to buy tickets for the US Grand Prix and I was just wondering if anyone has ever been there and if you could recommend what the best seats are. Both sections, H and J, are sold out and I was thinking that section C would be the next best choice, but I've never been there. Thank you.

2. pipecrash

pipecrash Karting

Jan 30, 2004
    Los Altos, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter A.
    Checkout the Northwest vista its not as nice as section H but you can see the cars pretty well also both terrarces 6 and 10 are fun to hang out and watch. I avoid the grandstand as I'd rather watch the cars in the turns. The grandstands tend to amplify the sound as it resonates thru the metal seats it forces u to wear ear protection. Dont get me wrong I love the sound of an F1 engine I just dont want my ears to bleed :) the open air seating is nice I didnt feel the need to wear ear protection in section H last year.

3. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Then you can see the start of the race and all of the activities taking place in the pits. You also can the see the cars flying around the final corner and witness some F1 cars drafting. I sat in the Northwest Vista before. It was exciting but we were far away from the cars. If you go for Practice on friday I would go to the Corner 10 area. You can get pretty close to the track there. You will have a great time no matter where you sit if you like F1. It is a great environment to watch a race.

4. TGarretson

TGarretson Rookie

Mar 28, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Tom Garretson
    That's a good point, I was thinking about getting seats in one of the terraces to see the turns, but I am going to practice and qualifying, so I think the C stand will work out. I'm more than excited. Thanks for your guys' help.