US Supplier of aftermarket 308 QV rims?? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

US Supplier of aftermarket 308 QV rims??

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by LSU348, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I wondered how they would look on a Red 308. Looks pretty dang good! Thanks for the info.

2. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Superperformance's online price is 600 lbs for a set including centers right now. They will not sell to US customers. T Rutlands quoted a slightly higher price then I ended up paying for them after I pointed out the SP online price...converted to USD, added shipping and carried the 1.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I guess I just made it, I ordered mine on 6-11. It was 600 pounds for the wheels and 115 for shipping. 715 pounds at the time converted to $1311.94. Too bad they had to add another middle man. Even though Rutlands has a great rep. it's still bound to raise the price some.

4. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #29 LSU348, Jul 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    J Rutlands came through in 3 business days. UPS Ground. Cost me about 100 bucks more total then Dubya paid above. Set includes stickers and centers.

The rims were framed with wood to prevent damage in shipping and to combine the fronts/rears as a set. Clearly, those in need of only one can get it easily as they are packed in individual boxes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

And i have genuine original metric rims for sale DIRT CHEAP!!! Make me an offer. PLEASE!!! All rims have tires with 75% tread, with one having about 40% tread.

7. Ferrari_UK

Ferrari_UK Formula 3

Dec 6, 2002
    England
    Full Name:
    Jeff Howe
  8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I just e-mailed T Rutlands and they quoted me $1500 for the wheels plus $95 shipping, which is a bit more than the cost through Superformance, but still pretty reasonable I think.

Birdman

9. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That was their first offer to me to. Note...I said FIRST offer.

I was mega tempted to get the Ferrari UK 328 rims but an email from one of the salesmen stating that they were not homologated for the 308 QV finally bothered me enough to go with repops. My question was "are the 328 rims exactly the same as the 308 QV rims)". The answer was not "yes". The price for real 308 QV rims is unholy. Ferrari of Houston quoted me $1400 for one wheel. Wow was that a hard one to swallow.

Ferrari UK is a sponsor here. If they had the same rims I would have bought them from them. No doubt.

10. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    You can actually see the cosmsetic difference between the two in the pictures above. The QV rim has the "ruffled" ridge around the center section while the 328 rim is smooth. Personal taste, but I like the look of the QV rims better. It would be nice to have "Genuine Factory Wheels" though for about the same price!!

Side note To Jeff at Ferrari UK..Do you carry the large rubber boot that covers the whole distributor cap. I looked on your site earlier but couldn't find them. I need two for a '78 308.
    Thanks,
    John

11. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven

i'd sell you my old Etoile rims cheap as the new Kinesis will be here shortly... if it wasn't for my using the Etoiles as my winter rims/tires.