USA Challenge Stradales For Sale (spreadsheet list) | FerrariChat

USA Challenge Stradales For Sale (spreadsheet list)

Discussion in '360/430' started by CDM, Jul 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    #1 CDM, Jul 25, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Spreadsheet is both printed here and as an attachment, which is more readable. Shaded/lines through means car is sold.

Lastest information Jul 24. Please post any CS cars for sale with as much info as available and I will add to the spreadsheet.

Price Miles Ext Int Caliper Stripe Fire Rear Lth Lth Head Hi-Fi

SOLD$000,000 3370 Red tan no Fox Valley MC 0
    SOLD$179,000 16103 Silver Blk Lth/Grey Stitch red no yes alcantara yes Lambo Las Vegas 135982
    SOLD$191,000 2722 Red Blk Lth/Red Stitch red no no alcantara yes yes Boardwalk, TX 137873

$193,000 3280 Scud Red Blk Alacantra/Redst S. red no yes Jack(LA) not listed
    $194,900 3700 Scud Red Blk Lth/Red Stitch S. red no no alcantara yes yes Continental 139651

SOLD$198,750 Titanium Beige Lth red no yes yes yes Miller, CT 0

$199,000 3800 TDF default red no no yes Ron Tonkin 138781

SOLD$199,000 3935 Titanium black leather red no no alcantara custom F of Central FL 139414

$199,995 3005 Rosso Corsa default black no no yes Exclusive MC 135371
    $207,000 1850 Nart Blue Cream Leather Seat yellow no yes yes yes WideWorld of Cars NY 136560

SOLD$209,500 878 Rosso Corsa Tan Leather no yes yes yes F of Denver 0
    SOLD$209,500 3150 Rosso Corsa default red no no yes Steve Harris not listed

$209,995 1650 Rosso Corsa Black Lth/Red stitch yellow yes yes yes yes yes Gary F-Chat 137862
    $210,000 4900 Titanium Blk Lth/Grey Stitch silver no no yes Steve F-Chat 139605

SOLD$214,900 1702 Scud Red Blk Lth/Red Stitch red no no alcantara Red Dash yes Exotic M Cars 138748

$215,000 2863 Black default red no no yes F of Beverly Hills 138915
    $215,000 3009 Silver default red yes yes yes F of San Diego 137764
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    #2 CDM, Jul 27, 2006
  3. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Gary
    I thought from your other threads that your car was now listed at $219K and you had declined offers at $210K. What's happened as I now note your asking $209K.

4. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    The TDF Stradale at Ron Tonkin GT has been sold as of a few days ago (but unfortunately not to me. Just when I decided I was ready to go for it, too...).

5. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    #5 CDM, Jul 27, 2006
  6. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Stephen, Thanks very much for calling attention to my revised sale-price of $209,995.

I was beginning to worry no one had noticed the new price. I hope no one thinks you are shilling for me. :)

Your calling attention is greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.

You can find it listed in FerrariAds.com for $209,995, but this price does not include the painting previously included in the $219,000 price.

Alas, mine in no longer the only striped CS for sale. F of San Diego now has a stripe for sale.

Gary

7. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Gary, A question ... the price shown in your spreadsheet against cars that are sold ... Is it the asking price or actual sale price?

8. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    I checked many websites and listed their asking price and whatever else I could tell from their photos or text. That is why the blocks are empty. I couldn't tell if they had a leather roof etc.

9. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
  10. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Gary,

Maybe you should now include a timeshare in Cabo or some ginsu knives with the Stradale @ $209K!!!

11. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Now, now, ROB -- play nice. :)

12. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Great to hear from you!

We haven't spoken since you tried to dump that overpriced, clapped out, ungawdly modified Porsche on me a while back. Outrageous price, but I guess I look like a sucker.

How's business? What are the dupes buying now?, to use Adam Smith's phrase.

I can appreciate the regret you have expressed at selling your Stradale too cheap. That's gotta hurt for a guy in your line of business.

What a shame. You sold the CS because you thought you were getting a Carrera GT for $290k, then realized you were the mark in the deal.

Great idea about the time-share (I never owned one), I've found art a better investment. I could probably find those steak knives at a garage sale in your neighborhood.

Always good to hear from an old car pal, if only to host a cheap shot.
    Best Regards,

Gary

PS If you want to get back into a Ferrari, Watt has a 2000 F1 360 for sale at $139,500. Before buying, you might check the similar 2000 listed at $109,000. I can't figure why Watt after owning two Stradales bought a 2000 Modena, and why is he advertising the car with CS wheels when they aren't included? But, really, is that any of my business?

13. wolfturbo

wolfturbo Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Rob W.
    Gary~

Maybe I should have followed my Mom's advice and not said anything if I can't say anything nice!!! Didn't think my jab would elicit such a disjointed rant on your end.

The reason that I posted is that I find it odd that eight days ago (7/19) you posted

"Some recognizing the value of the stripe will go to $205K, sight unseen.
    And a small few, with collector mentality have indicated $210K"

yet today there continues to be all of this pontification on what Stradales are worth???

Why are you offering your car today at $209,995, when "a small few, with collector mentality indicated $210K"???? I say hit the bid!!!!!

As one of the other posters surmised, this feels alot like what my industry refers to as a "pump & dump". Lots of huffing & puffing about prices by "those who have", so they can in turn sell to "those who want" at inflated prices.

And for the record, I dearly miss my Strad!!! The sex appeal of that car more than offsets the superior performance of my Ruf. Furthermore, I think yours is an absolutely splendid example. I just think that at $210K, you should take the money and run and have the added pleasure of saying "I told you so" to us skeptics!!!!

Good luck (meant sincerely too, I might add)

Rob

14. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks Gary!

15. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    OK, now that was entertaining...........

16. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Gary Chollo,

read this thread, then read what you wrote, then go contemplate your lifesize pic of mikey the cheater.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108280

i know you're upset that we don't buy your price pump jive, but when a distraught widow wants 139 as her ask and has one photo, i explain reality and try to help her in her time of distress.

{she just told me she got 125 from a fchat guy and everyone's happy}

17. Stradale Joe

Stradale Joe Karting

Jul 26, 2006
    downtown
    Full Name:
    Joe Panache
    Alot of toes are being stepped on here-let's try to keep this gentlemanly...

18. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  19. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    This thread started as a spreadsheet listing of every available for sale Stradale I could find. I ignore ebay because it is an advertising play. I made no comments about my or any other car. I didn’t even point out I dropped my price $5,000. Where is the pontification Robs accuses me of? Rob says this feels like pump and dump. How is a spreadsheet of dealers and individuals asking prices pump and dump? It seems to me the spreadsheet serves the community and some have said so.

Then Stevens, makes his thinly veiled post on this thread: “Gary, I thought from your other threads that your car was now listed at $219K and you had declined offers at $210K. What's happened as I now note your asking $209K.”

Does Stevens post serve any purpose but a negative one? I am obligated to explain negotiations or marketing? I think I’ve been unusually candid, transparent and open.

Steven wrote in another thread about my car:

Stevens (moderator) wrote:
    Pay $220K, or anywhere close to it now and you'll be lucky to get $170K in 12 months time, assuming like Gary, you don't use it. Get real, using FerrariChat to market a car and try and pump prices is one thing, but this is farcical.......

Stevens (moderator) wrote:
    Just wait for the 430CS to be officially announced and watch whoever pays $210K tear up $50K+ on their car......
    Actually, even without the release of the 430CS, I would guess that a purchaser at the suggested current price point would tear up 50K in any event after 12 months.

Stevens seems hell-bent on chilling any buyer interest in my Stradale at any price.

Perplexing comments from a moderator who is suppose to police Rule 1.1 of this board.

1. General Posting Rules:

1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another user.

I originally listed my car for $214K in another thread knowing no one pays asking price. I said publicly I would accept $210K. I said three buyers had shown interest at $210K. I did not say I had declined a $210K offer. Later, I made a poor decision and stated I would ASK $219K with $30K in art included. I soon rescinded that stupid offer. I’ve been belittled for asking $214K and when I drop my price to $209,995, I still get jabs. One has to wonder what agenda others have.

A very nice gentleman offered $210K and I accepted. The buyer got cold feet. Nothing wrong with that, who hasn’t.

Simultaneously, another buyer agreed that $210K was a fair price and indicated he would likely buy my car when his consignment car sold. That likely buyer is also on a 599 wait list. I think, but don’t know for sure, he did the smart thing and bought a CS from the dealer who both handled his consignment sale and will allocate him a 599.

The third potential buyer indicated my car was worth $210K. but is checking other possibilities.

I’ve turned down several offers of $205K. I believe that is my prerogative.

Watt has followed me around like a bad penny making cute remarks to chill any interest in my car including going to the ad section and making a negative remark. When confronted with his high asking price for Modena, he hides behind the skirts of a widow. He reports it sold for $14,000 under asking price as if he's some kind of hero.

Watt (silver subscribed)
    absolutely hilarious Gary, who's writing your stuff? why just trade cars with goodwood at $359k each to support your case?

Watt: comment below my ad in FerrariAds.com
    “nice car, stunning price”

To Josh (his posts below)
    You have told prospective buyers a car identical to mine can be bought for $185,000. I say put up or shut up. Name the seller, provide details as I have done. Is it just one car or several as your posts suggests?

You’ve suggested my list is not comprehensive. Well I say put up or shut up. I say you have an obligation to present facts, as I have done. Put in time, as I have, and give us "your" comprehensive list.

Gt2-Josh (not subscribed)
    Gary's car is a spectacular example but logic dictates that consumers are rational. Why would you pay $215K when you could buy an identical car for $185K?

Gt2-Josh (not subscribed)
    Moreover this is not a comprehensive list of available cars. Just call any broker. As several posters have mentioned perfect, no-stories Stradales can be purchased for $175-185K or less. That is a fact, not speculation. Scuderia and Rosso Corsa Stradales without stripe can be had for less.

I agree totally with Stradale Joe’s post that toes are being stepped on. Mine certainly feel smashed from several days of belittlement and sarcasm from just a few people who seemed to have "adopted" me.

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hey Gary, don't let them get to you. One of the problems with the net is it's too easy for the "cheap seats" to take a shot at you. If you want to jump into the bull ring then expect to get gored a bit. :)

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Why not take out several full page reminder ads in the Dupont Registry, or some other paid periodical aimed at deep pocket sophisticates?

22. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Gary
    This board is not a marketing tool for your personal use in the sale of your car. FerrariAds is kept separate for a reason. Several users have complained about your recent posting conduct as it is being viewed, rightly or wrongly, as thinly vieled advertising and "pumping and dumping", by some.
    My comments about tearing up $50K stand. IMO anyone that believes that your car will be worth over $170K in 12 months time is a fool(remember this statement was made when you were ascribing a value of $220K to your car), particulalrly when the 430CS is officially announced.

You seem to take offence at people having a different opinion to yours, which is exactly what the board is for, to show a balanced view of opinions.
    Good luck selling your car.

Stephen

23. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Excellent post.

24. shawsan

shawsan Formula 3

Jul 2, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Gary obviously has a vested interest in compiling a list of CSs for sale, asking prices, selected characteristics, and updates if sold. Why else would he spend his time meticulously cobbling data together, sharing with interested peers on this board, and leaving himself open to snipes from mini-barracuda. I'm a CS owner and I appreciate the compilation. It's interesting to see the range of prices, the shifting number of CSs on the market, the discussion that ensues. If I wasn't interested, I'd aspire to being a big barracuda and just skip Gary's post.

25. gt2-josh

gt2-josh Karting

Sep 9, 2004
    Gary,

I don't need to "put up or shut up". Why don't you reread your prior thread. A couple of posters documented actual transaction values (again the only number that matters) for Stradales with stripe. Those trade values are $170K and $192K. You seem to know what Rob sold his car for so there is no need to mention it here but you can add it to the list. Or, while we are quoting each other, you could refer to a post you made in April where you said the following: "I recently paid north of $200,000 for my CS, when cars were available for $185K. I think I got a bargain over some other cars".

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100479

BTW, there is also some good data here on what Jeffrey paid for one of his former Stradales for those that are interested.

I don't even know how to respond to your inquiry about cars that are available other than those listed in the classifieds. The idea that the only cars on the market are those listed in classifieds is simply ludicrous. Many specialty cars change hands without ever seeing the classifieds. That doesn't mean that those trades don't matter. If I had a local buyer that expressed interest in purchasing a car that I owned I would go to them before listing the car. Wouldn't you do the same? Again you might refer to the advantages of purchasing locally you mention in your earlier thread. Yes Gary there are more cars that are available for sale than those listed in your spreadsheet but since you are such a sleuth I'll leave it up to you to find them.

Josh

2002 GT2
    2005 E55
    2004 Challenge Stradale (former)