USA Challenge Stradales For Sale (spreadsheet list) | Page 3 | FerrariChat

USA Challenge Stradales For Sale (spreadsheet list)

Discussion in '360/430' started by CDM, Jul 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CDM

CDM Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Got your email, but my response to you did not go through.
    The earthlink email address says user unknown.

Tried something else. I think the email went through.
    Nope. Got user unknown again.
    Gary

2. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    A few weeks ago I posted a question asking if people thought the population of Challenge Stradale offered for sale had dropped. Providing a service to all interested readers, a fellow Stradale owner attempted to document all known cars for sale. The behavior exhibited towards this gentleman by a few posters, a moderator included, has been deplorable. Apparently one garners the Moderator moniker not by virtue of their valuable contribution to FerrariChat, but by the sheer volume of posts to the board. Yes, I know that the web is basically a sewage pool and brings out the worst in people more often than it brings out the best.

One of the things I enjoy about the car hobby (sport) is how it consistently brings out the best in people. Attend any show, open track and most races and you will experience great camaraderie. People are friendly, helpful and welcoming.

To see this BS exhibited on an car enthusiast discussion board is simply a damn shame.......

Gary, I triggered this thread with my original query, and for that I'm sorry. You are a true gentleman and I hope your contnue to enjoy our hobby and your cars despite the jerks FerrariChat has attracted.

3. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Gary, as you've learned, this is a tough crowd, definitely stay out of the politics and religion section. Suggest you just move on and drop this thread.

If you just talk ferraris these guys are great, just quit the marketing stuff.

4. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Formula Junior

May 26, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Richard H
    For anyone thats interested, there is a Rosso Corsa WITH factory stripe and only 900 Miles at Formula One Sports Cars in Miami, asking in the $190's. Just traded in by Indy Car Racer Tony Kannan ............................

5. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    don't want to hijack the thread but.....

if/when 430 Stradale, GTB, Light - whatever you want to call it - is released, where do you see the values of 360 CS's going next year?

6. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3

Dec 5, 2004
    Full Name:
    Charliebronson
    That's a very interesting question that's worthy of speculation.
    -Peter

7. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    The same thing the 430 did to 360 prices. I predict wholesale prices will be sitting between 120k-140K within 12 months.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Stephens, are you saying the US Wholesale Market on a Stradle will be $120-$140k within 12 months? I don't think so for one reason, look at the late model 360 SPIDER prices that are holding their own against the 430 Spiders trading for big bucks. I can see the early 360 Coupes dropping a bit, but even with a 430CS (or whatever they call it), I think the 360CS will hold its own as the new car will probably be a market adjusted price of $300K.

9. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    $120K-$140K?

I don't see Stradales going for money that low in a short time, maybe an abused car will, but not for the norm. There aren't that many Stradales in the USA for them to go down in price or demand so as to drop in value so quickly.

10. sgcullen

sgcullen Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2006
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Cullen
    If they go to $120K, I'm selling my F430 and buying one for me and one for the wife. I don't see it happening though. BTW, Gary, you definitely have the best CS on the market (assuming it still is on the market). If I didn't just get my F430, I would absolutely be interested. Don't let the folks here get on your nerves...this site should be about the free exchange of ideas and information. I too found the information on the CS market valuable and wish there was more available for the 360's and F430's.

Steve

11. frank320

frank320 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Watchung NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Big statement you are making. Tell you what, let's agree that 12 months from today, i agree to buy from you a US Spec Stradale, any of the standard colors(corsa or scuderia), less than 4k miles, clear title, no incidents, no BS car for 140k(i am paying you the higher of your so called "prediction"). If you are as smart as you are trying to make yourself sound, then you should be able to buy the stradale listed above in 12 mths for less than 140k and sell it to me for a profit. If you can't find it, then buy at the market and sell it to me for 140k. Deal?

Are you willing to back it up and put money where your mouth is? I am.

12. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Wholesale, not retail. Expect dealer selling prices to be 15-20K above this.

13. azcarguy

azcarguy Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Marc

Make that two bartender (which is apparently where stephens is spending his time!).

14. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Time will tell. US prices are inflated right now because of summer, but to nowhere near the level that has been implied recently BTW. Come winter, prices will drop 10-15K, just part of the seasonal selling cycle. Cars will be out of warranty next year, CS specific problems still not reolved by Ferrari for cars that are actually driven as opposed to the garage queens some of you here seem to want, means the owners will be footing the bills. Once the 430CS is officially announced this will further pressure prices, which will then drop to my predicted levels. Once the 430CS actually starts deliveries, those who can't get them at list are going to be looking at big premiums for flipped cars, which will make the 360CS a comparative bargain, causing a firming of prices.
    Just my 0.02

15. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What makes so many, so sure, the release of the 430CS variant is "imminent"? It makes perfect sense to me, (and obviously Ferrari), that it would only come out at the *end* of the 430 model run, in *several more yrs*, just like the (one and only) CS did. To the best of my knowledge, which admittedly isn't very thorough, wasn't the f430 was just recently introduced? ;) It seems some of you guys are putting the cart *way* before the horse.

16. F430OZ

F430OZ Rookie

Apr 24, 2006
    The reality is that you can virtually spec the current F430 to a CS spec without the Jenny Craig interior.

On F430, you can order:
    Carbon Ceramic Brakes
    Race Seats
    Challenge Wheels
    Carbon Fibre in the engine bay
    Challenge Rear Grill
    The standard F430 exhaust is virtually the CS exhaust
    The current F430 Challenge does not produce any more power than the road going F430 so I wouldnt expect any more in the F430CS. The only other substantial difference is the replacement of the e-Diff.

So what could we realistically expect in the F430 CS, an even lower front air damn and a stripped out (more) carbon fibre interior, lexan windows and a 50-100kg max weight loss ????

Oh, I forgot the Stripe.

17. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think you're leaving out some of the key components that make a CS unique, for instance, the whole car is lowered with Titanium springs, Titanium lug bolts, and a lightweight Lexan rear window.... side windows too if so spec'd. It is much more of a purpose built machine than even a similarly spec'd 430.

18. xpresso

xpresso Karting

May 9, 2004
    Paradise Valley, AZ
    Is there a chronological order to your list?
    Are the sales listed at the top much earlier than the cars at the bottom or vice-versa?

19. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Red w/ Stripe, 4k miles going up for sale, prolly 185 - 190 range (not mine!)