Used FF or new Panamera Turbo? | FerrariChat

Used FF or new Panamera Turbo?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Georgemaser, Mar 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    I am looking for a daily driver in West Michigan. I am thinking about getting a used low mile FF (had a 2016 FF for a short time) or another Panamera Turbo (had a turboS). The turboS was great in snow with a set of snow tires, I never drove my FF in the snow and it was not my daily at the time. Will I have too many issues with the FF as a daily, as the closest Ferrari dealer is three hours away in either direction? I have been reading some horror stories about the electrical systems on the FF. The new Panamera just didn’t give me that ‘fun’ feeling when driving it.

2. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I wouldn't do it. While I love my GTC4 Lusso, I just don't trust Ferrari build quality. You need a reliable car as a daily. Alternatively, just get both ;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tfazio, LARRYH, otakki and 4 others like this.
  3. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    That’s what I’m talking about!!

4. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I got two boys, and I got tired of them fighting with each other as to who gets to go in Daddy's sports car. Got the GTC4 Lusso, problem solved!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Used to have a Panamera as a DD ... very boring ... I am using an FF (2015) as my DD ... it’s amazing and fun w no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    How many miles per year you made in Ferrari as DD?

Jordan68 likes this.
  7. Jordan68

Jordan68 Formula Junior

May 12, 2015
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Jordan W
    Around 6000+ miles per year

Natkingcolebasket69 and LeoBRK like this.
  8. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can’t speak about Panamera turbo, but I can tell you that I have a 2018 Panamera 4 and the car is an absolute beast. I love it.

Nospinzone likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unless you have more than 2 people in your car a LOT of the time (and you don't want to deal with the seat moving forward), I'd go FF. Get it with power warranty. My business partner did 100K kms with his FF in all conditions. Still misses it, best all round car he's owned.

10. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    if it was so good why he sold FF? he don't have ever any electric issue?

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He had a gearbox issue early on, but car was under warranty so they just replaced the gearbox. His only complaint was small fuel tank. Reason for sale was move to RHD country, very high KM already and now a V12 Lusso incoming.

12. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    what was sales price ? not many modern Ferraris with 100k

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'll ask him when it comes up. Was a swiss car driven over europe. 100K km in under 3 years.

therryzsx likes this.
  14. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Is your Panamera Turbo S fun to drive and much more functional that you don’t even think about the Lusso when driving it, or do you wish you were in the Lusso every time?

15. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    A 6 cyl "Beast" ?

bball16 likes this.
  16. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Panamera is definitely more functional and more utilitarian than my Lusso, but lacks in the engine sound and interior luxury. Driving performance wise, the Panamera is faster than the Lusso in the canyons for sure. The biggest issue I have with the Lusso is the brake pedal feel. The first inch of travel on the Lusso brake pedal yield very little braking pressure and then after the inch, the brake comes on. It's not immediate as on my Speciale or my TDF. In this regard, the brakes on the Panamera Turbo S is much more immediate and provides a better feel.

To answer your question, I don't think about the Lusso when I'm in the Panamera or vice versa.

17. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    is the awd on the ff manually adjustable? can you turn it on or off with a setting? can it be used at highway speed in top gear?
    thx

18. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As a guy that has 3 Fcars I can safely call this a beast. Does it scream? No, but for a 4 seat car with awd it can get crazy.

ScottS and Nospinzone like this.
  19. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    What surprises you about the 4? Is it the low end torque, handling, etc?

20. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The handling for a car that heavy is awesome. It really has a great kick coming off the line and if you bury the pedal at 30mph it will pin you in your seat like a rocket ship. On top of that the interior is beautiful, so this car checks all the boxes for me as a DD. I’ve also noticed it turns a lot of heads, which surprised me for a 4 door sedan.

Nospinzone likes this.
  21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    OK.
    Glad you like it......

bball16 likes this.
  22. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I'm sure Porsche's reliability and excellent fit and finish help a lot, too.

bball16 likes this.
  23. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    No, it can not be turned off and it is not an AWD system it is a 4wd and it is not used beyond 4th gear. We have customers who drive their FF's year-round and we get a fair amount of snow here. With snow tires, the FF 4wd system is more than adequate for winter driving in all driving conditions. Below is a link that explains how the 4wd system works on the FF

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a18736603/funky-four-explaining-the-ferrari-ffs-two-gearbox-four-wheel-drive-system/

otakki and 95spiderman like this.
  24. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    great info, thanks!

25. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    That's because you have both!!....I drove the Pan....great car....I would not give up my Lusso for it but would be a nice addition if another family car was desired.....