Used Ford GT future values | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Used Ford GT future values

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by mark328, Feb 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    I think you guys must have missed the "knocks" against the GT. I'm told that they are pretty significant by people in the know.

2. Red Head Seeker

Red Head Seeker Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    If your statement was even "Remotely True" time woud have made them quite evident, which HASN'T been the case....Mark

3. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    I believe dbk, a fellow gt owner, was baiting the naysayers.

4. Red Head Seeker

Red Head Seeker Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 27, 2009
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hello Digman; Now I get it!!!...I believe the person he was dangling the worm for, is the self-annoited civil servant residing in Las Vegas...The resident "Expert" in EVERYTHING!!...Complains about the "GT", then buys a 458 that has a reputation for catching on "FIRE"...Mark

5. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Absolutely, I'm surprised Ferrari didnt tow your car :)

6. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    They let him in the gate, why tow him? :D

7. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm thinking you are right here - I'm getting very interested in Vipers...may push to grab one soon.

On the subject of Ford GTs, I believe they will outstrip 458s by quite a bit. It's a Ford, and it has cred with the muscle car crowd. I brought my E-Type to a car show that was slanted towards muscle cars, and no one even looked at it. Granted the E-Type isn't a Ford GT, but I've showed my car at a few shows and it always gets attention.

A guy came with a Ford GT and there were people all over it. For good reason - it's a hot car, but I just think it resonates with a wider audience than a 458.

8. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I own both a 458 and a Ford Gt I bought new. I love the FGT. I own many cars and have owned and sold many others. The FGT not only looks good it drives very nicely. Stock they where 550 hp but that can be bumped up to 600 easily and then 874 with a little more work. I have kept my car stock.

They are fun to drive. I think they handle better than the 458 although I ubderstand ferrari is iproving that with the newer models. It is supposed to be retifitable to the older 458 models.

Regards :)

Lee

9. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I had the opportunity to drive a Ford GT - it felt SOLID...like a tank. I really liked it, although I preferred the experience of the F430 I drove side by side with it.

That being said, I totally get the FGT allure - it's an outstanding performer, looks fantastic, and it's a Ford. I've knocked American cars for other reasons, but from a serviceability perspective, you can't ask for much better in terms of parts availability, cost, etc.

I'm bummed I can't afford one! Heck, I can't even afford a SPF GT!

10. dbk

dbk Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2005
    SE Mich
    And

In honor of the $377,500 Heritage at Mecum today. Just had to have a laugh. The Ferrari 360 the GT was designed to compete with sold for....$57,000.

11. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #261 leead1, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    I owned these cars in the day. I loved them then and still love them now. it took me awhile to like the 458 becasue it does not feel like the earlier ferrari cars.

The market will tell us but I think the Ford Gt versus the 360 is a good match up. The 430 may be a better equal st least in the day.

my Ford Gt has been almost perfect but I never had much trouble with my ferraris either. I do think the Ford Gt is a more "robust" car, not sure I would use "tank" as a descripter :)

The Ford may have an edge because it has home field advantage.

Not sure which car demonstrates the most public excitement?

The car I never hear about on this forum is the Ford Shelby Gt500. This car has 665 hp and is exciting to drive. I love it. I was going to trade the car in on the new Roush and the dealer advised me not to do this. He said the car will be a classic. Maybe yes , maybe no.

Lee

12. ICEcap

ICEcap Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    #262 ICEcap, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    The buyer had to also paid a 7% buyer's premium, so the total cost to the buyer was 404K. Amazing for a car that many thought would depreciate. How much would a 2006 F430 will 5 miles on the odometer be worth today? I would guess much less than MSRP and surely not more than double the MSRP of the Ford GT!

Mecum Auction: Monterey 2013 - Monterey, CA - August 15- 17, 2013

13. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    What's the real world price of a Ford GT these days? There seems to be a huge disconnect between what dealers are asking and what people are willing to pay.

14. kalinsd

kalinsd Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2010
    Washington
    Full Name:
    DJ
    White/Blue Stripe 12K+ miles recently sold for $193K in a private sale.

15. kalinsd

kalinsd Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2010
    Washington
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #265 kalinsd, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    '13 GT 500 and of course the FGT:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I've noticed the market taking a breather recently. There are currently 3 5k mile cars for sale here in Houston in the $225k ask area. Previously, when the cars were $200k ask for 5k mile cars they didn't last a week. These 3 have been sitting for 6-8 weeks now.

Of course these same type cars were selling for $170k in Summer 2012, so I'm not shedding a tear, dealers have done quite well with these.

17. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I don't understand why people have bought these cars and put like 50 miles on them. If it's just going to sit what the difference if it has 50 or 50000 miles.

18. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Very nice! I remember seeing a pic in the garage thread with a GT next to a Shelby, makes you realize how small they actually are.

Values are still staying strong, know of one listed north of 220k, be interesting to know what it sells for.

19. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I just heard of a dealer asking $300k + for a GT

20. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    I've seen a few in the $300-$400k range over the past couple months. Asking prices on all sorts of cars are going crazy, but they're just asking.

21. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    #271 JOEA2, Nov 19, 2013
  22. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I guess i just do not see the point in buying these cars and NOT driving them the high price cars are all cars with 50 or less miles , I think i would just as soon drive the car and buy one with 5 to 10 k miles for much less.... seems like the driven cars are about 50 to 100 k less than the non driven cars...

23. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    #273 ghibliman, Nov 19, 2013
    I agree. But there's the greedy folks who had the means to buy more than one did so……like little children hoarding toys IMO :)

I do drive mine BTW
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Nice another black one

Just got headers for mine, I love the Stillen exhaust on it

I drive the black one for me, my son likes the white one

25. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I bought my Ford GT new in 2005. I enjoyed the car over 8 years. I then traded it in for an Aventador.

These are wonderful cars. Even in todays world of supercars these are a fun car to drive and of course beautiful. I put on just less than 10,000 miles on my car. Why own them unless you drive them. It was an almost perfect car and I hope it qent to a good home.

One fellow in my subdivision bought 3 FGT's. One to drive and the others for investment.

Best

Lee