Uvdar-Hazy pix | FerrariChat

Uvdar-Hazy pix

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by NYC Fred, Nov 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Made a slight detour on my snowbird commute south earlier this week and spent 3 hrs here walking around staring at the ceiling with my mouth open.
    Absolutely overwhelming collection of significant aircraft. Entirely too much to digest in one visit. Artifacts, too. Lindbergs 30-06? Astronauts helmets + gloves? Yup.
    Not gonna mess up the Mayor's "Cool airplane photo thread" so here, in no particular order, is what caught my eye. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. kylec

kylec F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2005
    Orlando
    The cool thing about UH is how many of the aircraft have history rather than just an example of the type.

3. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Also surprising how many are the only example of the type left...

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Thanks for the pics! I didn't realize any of the Smithsonian museums were open during COVID. Did they limit the # of people as it looks way way less crowded in those pics compared to the last time I visited in 2014.

Did you get a chance to see the restoration hangar? They had some Nazi flying wing disassembled...wonder what they did with it since if anything. Not my pic but it looked like this in 2014 when I saw it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229#/media/File:Horten_Ho_229_Restoration_Hangar_Smithsonian.jpg

5. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    #9 NYC Fred, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020

Attached Files:

vincent355 and tantumaude like this.
  6. tritone