Valentino Balboni testing a Balboni edition Gallardo on the track | FerrariChat

Valentino Balboni testing a Balboni edition Gallardo on the track

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Andrew R., Jun 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Last month at the Valentino Balboni 50 event we took my VB Gallardo for a few laps on the Autodromo motorsport race track in Parma, Italy - Valentino in the driver's seat!

Gopro video here on YouTube!

Valentino offered to push the car a little harder, but I had to save the tires for the rest of the trip!

Thankfully, the Gallardo was approved by Valentino as being a great car! (Which most would guess, it has just over 5k miles on the odometer!)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

NürScud and EarlyCat like this.
  2. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    It was a great Event.
    BTW it's the Varano de Melegari Race Track, owned by Dallara. Bob Wallace used to test Lambos there 50 years ago.

3. Andrew R.

Andrew R. Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2005
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It is possible that I misunderstood the gentlemen, but the person at the driver's meeting introduced himself to me as the track owner.. he was not Mr. Dallara.

4. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Perhaps Dallara sold it meantime, but I can remember Wallace telling he had to get the keys to the track at Dallara.
    Or Dallara was simply the key holder since they regularly tested cars over there.

Sounds like Ferrari has Fiorano, Lambo used Varano.