Valeo Registry | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Valeo Registry

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by hank sound, Dec 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
  2. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Better than the ex-Carradine Valeo?

3. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Guess it depends on how many grasshoppers he's killed in head on collisions.......... Ahh, what the hell. Buy em' both !! :):) Remember, there's only seven Valeo cars in total that came to North America.

Actually, like you, I also desire a Valeo Coupe. It's such a bloody amazing system in that it keeps the fun part - and gets rid of the "other" part.

Cheers, Hank

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  5. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
  6. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    Hi Hank,

From what source did you get the count of only seven?

George

7. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    Art:

I'll let you know how this goes and keep you informed.

rik

8. Rooster_In_Ohio

Rooster_In_Ohio Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2011
    Cleveland
    Full Name:
    David
    Hello everyone, I am very pleased to say that I finally took delivery of my beautiful 1993 cab yesterday, ending months of frustration. As previously posted elsewhere, my valeo system did not allow for smooth shifts and eventually did not allow shifting at all. The dealer I purchased it from, Ianelli Autocars in the Cleveland Area, had given me a 30 day drivetrain warranty with the car and they fully honored it, replacing countless parts in what turned into a quest to identify the problem. At the end of the day, it was the shift potentiator (tiny part, big price tag and hard to find), but I also had a new clutch assembly, rebuilt ECU, etc. etc. Interestingly, they obtained the service history on the car in an effort to diagnose the problem and learned that the original owner had first complained of the same problems in 1995!! Leave it to an old-fashioned independent shop with good diagnostic skills and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction to solve a problem that several Ferrari dealerships couldn't solve (including the one they sent it out to when this first popped up).

At any rate, I just pulled her out of the garage and am getting ready to drive to an out-of-town wedding this afternoon. She is an absolute joy (but I clearly suck at downshifting) and I look forward to sharing many years of stories and foibles with all of you.

Best regards,

db

9. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey Rooster,

We need pictures :):):)

Cheers,

Hank

10. Rooster_In_Ohio

Rooster_In_Ohio Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2011
    Cleveland
    Full Name:
    David
    #35 Rooster_In_Ohio, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay, here you go. We took our shake down by driving from Cleveland to Columbus for a wedding. Mostly interstate driving so nothing too crazy other than ramps and one or two three-digit runs to get around traffic. Top down all day - boy is my head burned! Eagre to test everything out, we even put the traveling cover on at one stop!

The first picture is at breakfast (Waffle House, of course!) and the second is immediately after the reception with my blushing bride. I'll post better pictures after I've had her detailed.

Best,

db
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #36 Wade, Dec 31, 2011
  12. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    FYI for you valeo guys...

The Mondial t in the movie "Scent of a woman" driven by Al pacino was The FNA Valeo Mondial T press car.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rPbwN0gbA[/ame]

Best regards, Jim

13. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
  14. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield

15. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey Rob, did you ever find your Valeo car?

Happy New Year,

Hank

16. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #42 hank sound, Jan 2, 2012
    Looky what I found - I'm quite sure that the eBay Valeo Mondial #92837, wearing the Dr's and ice hockey stickers, is the very same Valeo Mondial that belonged to a Dr. friend of mine. A few years ago, we were parked side by side in sunny So. Cal - - Imagine, two "Valeo" Mondials right next to each other - betcha that hasn't happened before :)

Cheers, Hank

17. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Happy New Year Hank. Not yet.

Rob

18. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #44 Wade, Jan 3, 2012
    That link didn't work for me but, by using the VIN, I was able to find it elsewhere.

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/1993_Ferrari_Mondial+T_141910343

http://philadelphia.ebayclassifieds.com/m/ViewLargeImage?adid=15710077&index=3

21,800 miles

19. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Though the Vin #of the yellow Mondial is listed in my book, I don't find anything to indicate that it is a Valeo model. It isn't advertised as one either.

Cheers, Hank

20. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #46 Wade, Jan 3, 2012
    Yeah, and it's too hard to tell from the photos... can't see any pedals at all.

BTW, this book? http://www.vinbook.com/

21. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The Yahoo Autos ad indicated automatic/Valeo. However the website of the seller said 5 speed. I e-asked the seller to clarify. I'll post answer.

22. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Hi Hank if you are there I have not had my Mondial t out for any lengthy drives due to weather for the last 4 weeks and have simply started it every couple of days. mLast week I took her out and selecting reverse was not as normal ie it was jerky when using the throttle, like it was stuck in gear, also second gear would intermittently work ie the clutch would engage sometimes and other times not. All other gears were fine.
    I thought about this when I returned and noted that reverse would not select.
    I considered that even though the car ran and started fine perhaps the low battery charge may have an effect as usually I drive her every day.
    I purchased a battery tender and hooked her up.for 24 hours and took her out yesterday, all gears worked fine all was good until I returned after about 30 mins and second started playing up again and reverse was intermittent again.
    I will invest in a new battery and see what transpires.
    Question.. are there relays that I can replaced that may be at the life end that may resolve these issues.. it seems that 2nd and reverse are in some way inter-related.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated from any with valeo experience.

23. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The Yahoo ad that says it's automatic is error. The seller had some strong opinions against the Valeo.

24. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #50 hank sound, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    Hey Rob, the seller's car is not a Valeo car - - therefore, having expressed his strong opinion (and I'm just guessing here), does he have a secret desire for Michael Sheehan to buy him dinner??? What the Eff...... is the basis of the seller's "strong" opinion? Sorry, but to me, it really does seem to be more **** based yet again, on no knowledge !!!!@ I'll excuse him if the thing that has turned him so against the Valeo concept, is the fact that he hasn't figured out what to do with his left foot and further, doesn't know the meaning and purpose of the "dead" pedal :):):)

I've enjoyed my Rachel for over 7 years.........and the stewardship of that sweet machine, is the basis for my (very) strong opinions - - all in favor of the Valeo.

Cheers Rob, Hank