Valeo Registry | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Valeo Registry

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by hank sound, Dec 31, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #101 Burch1, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Mike,
    My feelings are hurt... is it just because I can't make it to Mondipalooza that you're giving Hank all the kudos?!
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #102 hank sound, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    Oh no - - Greg ........ please don't feel slighted. Maybe it's my time on the planet, or the gift of time with the glorious Rachel, that may have given me, at least here with the Mondi brotherhood, some fair modicum of MoJo - - or is it JuJu ? :):)

Hey, I can't make Mondipalooza either .......... or I wouldn't be able to pay my vendors !!! :(:(

Together, but on separate monitors, we'll both drool over the posted pictures, and chuckle at the printed words submitted by the attendees of that very special "MONDIPALOOZA" weekend.

Cheers,

Hank

3. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #103 soucorp, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    Nothing like that Greg, but I had a huge crush on Rachel Hunter, hint: Hank's Rachel as she was the first owner of his car! But your Valeo would be a close second... wait I only know of 2 guys with Valeos, ...0' I said that out loud didn't I.

Cheers

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #104 hank sound, Jun 4, 2013
    Rachel is blushing, Mikey !!

BTW, I'm thinking of having Fernando do another pair of front mats, but in black, for the old girl. I'm liking the color contrast that I'm seeing in my mind's eye.

Can you do some "photoshop" for me ?? Just kidding ............ :):)

Cheers,

Hankie

5. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    Greg,

Sorry, I now understand. Yes, as we can see it is a figure that no one seems to have an exact answer for. What we do know for a fact is that it is extremely rare. The more I search, the more speculation. I've read anywhere from 5 to now 20.

Thanks,
    Alex

6. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi Alex,

In the book of Raab Files, by Matthias Urban, I've noted at least 21 documented Valeo cars listed. That number (21) is certainly a starting point - it cannot be lower but most assuredly, is higher.

Cheers, Hank

7. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #107 Burch1, Jun 5, 2013
    How can you compete with Rachel Hunter?!

Its all good! (to steal a phrase).

Cheers,
    Greg

8. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #108 hank sound, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    Too cool, Greg - -

Did you happen to notice the year of that calendar? Yep, it's 1992, the year that she & Rod Stewart bought #93123.

I just jumped on ebay and bid on that calendar!! I'll make it part of my growing "Rachel" collection.

"But wait, there's more !!" :):):)

Cheers,

Hank

9. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #109 Burch1, Jun 5, 2013
    Rachel Hunter or your Rachel?!
    Tough call but a nodd to the Mondi ;-)

10. soucorp

soucorp F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2011
    Old Dominion
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Stacy's Mom has got it going on... Alright ! ...one for Soccer Moms !
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLfasMPOU4]Fountains of Wayne - Stacy's Mom - YouTube[/ame]

11. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I don't where you find this stuff Mike but as always - great!
    I believe the term MILF applies to the video!
    Cheers,
    Greg

12. adonai87

adonai87 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Tenerife,Alicante
    Full Name:
    Adonai
  13. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hey there !!,

What is the Vin # ??? And BTW, those 348 wheels are mounted backwards :):) Remember the rule: "The angle "follows" the flat".

Cheers,

Hank

14. adrianmizza

adrianmizza Rookie

Jul 26, 2013
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Adrian Mizza
    Hi Hank, I am hoping this gets onto the thread as I have never been on a forum before and I am not very computor savvy.
    I have a 93 Valeo Mondial and have owned two others, a 93 and a 92. The 93 I sold probably 9 years ago and the 92 was destroyed in an accident in 2006 but I still have the complete car minus most of the Valeo hardwear as over the years I have sold bits and pieces to other Valeo owners here in Oz. I know that there are 4 Valeo Cabs and one coupe here in Oz. They all came in from Hong Kong in the last 10 years. The funny thing is that there were all fitted with the Valeo at the dealership in HK. (Italian Motors). Another funny thing is that 3 of the Cabs arrived in OZ in 92 and 93 but couldn't be sold due to the recession so they were shipped off to HK where they were Retro Fitted.

Hopefully this gets thru and I will let you and the other guys know my joys and tears driving Valeo Mondials.

Adrian

15. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Yo - Adrian !!

Welcome !! You've certainly got some history with these amazing cars - not just one, but three !!! What's the vin # of your current Mondi? The "retro fitting" you speak of, is probably why nobody seems to be certain of number of Valeo cars made.

There is a line that is very popular in "forum speak". It goes something like this: This post is worthless without pictures". :):):)

Cheers, Hank

16. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    #116 GDRIII, Jul 31, 2013
    Hello to the Registry.

Presenting VIN: ZFFRK33A5P0095903

I'm the second owner, purchased in 1995 with odometer reading 1,131 miles.from Kessler Motor Cars in NY. She has been well cared for NJB Automotive during my ownership. Here are some recent photos taken after returning home from her last major service complete with and a beauty treatment by Todd Cooperider @ Esoteric Auto Detaii.

17. Furanku

Furanku Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Hi guys,

I don't own a Valeo Mondial, nor any Ferrari (yet), but I used to work for Valeo transmissions, and happened to meet with two persons that were directly involved in the development of those models. The first one worked on the Delta project, and later on the F40 adaptation for Agneli. The second one, who is still a good friend, was in charge of the Mondial project. He told me an interesting story once: one day, to impress his son, he came home with the Mondial they were testing the system on. He was supposed to go to some circuit on the next morning, 10km away from where he lived. On the morning, he took his son with him, and went to the car. Only "little" problem: no gear would work, except for the back gear... So that's how his son's first drive in a Ferrari consisted of 10km, backwards. Quite a shameful experience, apparently!

I'm very happy to see that, according to your posts, the project ended up with a very good product that until today, proved to be efficient and trustworthy. Just know that there were a lot of efforts and difficult experiences behind it! ;-)

18. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Very nice Mondial T Valeo, I don't believe there were many black so you have a rare car!
    What tires are on the car now as I like the tread pattern on them?
    Why is the car on wooden boards, do you store it this way?
    Cheers,
    Greg

19. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    The tire pattern looks to be Vredesteins. Im thinking the blocks are to lift it up for the detailer.

The detailing is excellent.

20. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It looks almost as good as yours Ted!
    Cheers,
    Greg

21. GDRIII

GDRIII Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    George Roberts
    The tires are Goodyear Eagle F1's I bought them several years back from Tire Rack.

Ted is correct the boards used by the detailer. He took those photos for me at in his shop when he had finished.

22. robbio99

robbio99 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Hi there Furanku. I wonder if your friends from Valeo have any ready data on the numbers of Valeo transaxles put in the Mondial. The mystery number cannot be found at the Ferrari factory. Especially interested in the coupe valeo number as well as lhd versus rhd.

Thanks if you can.

23. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    #123 hank sound, Aug 1, 2013
    Hi Ted, I couldn't make out the pattern of tred in the first few photos, but, buy the time they got to the blocks for the detailer, they had morphed into Goodyear F1 GS-D3 rubber - - same as mine :):)

Cheers,

Hank

24. Furanku

Furanku Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    Unfortunately, Valeo usually doesn't get much information about how the parts they sell to manufacturers are actually used. They probably have no clue how many systems were mounted on cars, how many were kept as spare parts, not to mention which type of cars they were used on.

Sorry I can't be of any help...

25. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Getting any Valeo information is impossible.
    The only info I've been able to find is in the Ferrari buyers guide that states "fewer than a couple double handfuls" and "less than 30 were produced"...
    The mystery continues....
    Cheers,
    Greg