Valet Service - Boston Seaport | FerrariChat

Valet Service - Boston Seaport

Discussion in 'New England' started by bobbypagos, Aug 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
    Hi team,

I was making plans to have my wife's birthday dinner in the Seaport when I figured - good excuse to take the Ferrari out. I was just wondering what your experience has been with the valets in the area.

Thanks,

Bobby

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I just wouldn't let a valet drive my Ferraris, particularly the 612. The window switches and the reverse lever are so delicate some oaf could easily break them. Besides, they'll probably hit the engine start button thinking that's how you shut it off.

I usually won't take a Ferrari into Boston. I have parked it at Smith & Wolensky. They have enough street space where I could park it and lock it right out front. The valet wanted me to leave the key with him. I said if it has to be moved, come in and get me!

A friend of mine had a new Aplina B7 and he was able to leave parked in front of Maestros. It was a heavy tip because they don't have much space in front.

3. bobbypagos

bobbypagos Rookie

Dec 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Bobby Pagos
  4. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    The main food spot is Legals and Tony C, and I think Salvatores too... valet policy is to keep your key, even if your table views the sidewalk. Not about to hand the keys of a priceless 50s Roadster to them. We drove off. Better luck on Newbury st and maybe at Stregas waterfront nearby

5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, sometimes you can't get by their requirement to hold the key. When we came back from the Broadmoor event we spent one night at the Marriott in Omaha. They let me park it right out front instead of in the garage, but they really had to have the key in case there was a fire.

How did you like Strega's Waterfront? We dined there shortly after they opened and were disappointed, but that was years ago.

EDIT:

I just looked up my Trip Advisor review and would have never guessed that it was over 9 years ago!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60745-d2225285-r132483136-Strega_Italiano_Seaport-Boston_Massachusetts.html

stretchgeneral likes this.
  6. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    They had an amazing 3 course lunch up to Covid... now it's just open for dinner. The owner also sold out for millions to a large group. Next door there is a new Pier 4 worth a try.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nick Varano sold it?