Vanity Plates | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Vanity Plates

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by GaryReed, Dec 19, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarcoRtn

MarcoRtn Karting

Apr 14, 2004
    Roma (ITALY)
    Full Name:
    Marco R.
    Idea!

SEGUIMI=follow me

2. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    Yup. Both of them. You're *supposed* to destroy them, but..........

It was little $$ difference to renew the tree or switch to Crater Lake. I like the Crater Lake plate, but I justified it by reasoning that it's blue and not metallic paint. Therefore it should be a bit less reflective to police laser. Hehe.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Dana,
    I was actually inspired by your plates, and found FREMERE at a similar website. I figured it would be interesting to see what people thought it meant. Thanks for the website too, I'll have to check that one out!!
    John

By the way Fremere translates to: "To thrill...to cause to feel a sudden wave of emotion or excitement". I thought that was very appropriate since that's pretty much the way I feel every time I open my garage (even if it is an old, slow 308)!!

Marco,
    Thanks, I kinda like that one too!

4. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    How I felt when driving the 308 was how I based my search for a plate name. I also looked for a word that looked good on the plate, had some sort of symetry.

Fremere', very appropriate! Very cool! Do you have the plate yet?

DJ

5. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Not yet. Still kicking the idea around, but will probably settle on FREMERE. Wanted to see if there were any better ideas out there. I actually have the form all filled out and may just send it in.

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I started to go down to the DMV twice to get the new plates and changed my mind on what I had chosen. Glad I did now. Quite happy with the final choice.

DJ

7. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I just really don't like the tree plates, the tree really screw up any vanity plate that needs to be over the tree. Do you remeber the smog tree plates, what a disaster! I still see a few running around. I really like the Crater Lake plate too. Jason Atkinson is quite proud of those! I have the Oregon Trail Plate on my Blue Jeep, which are I like cuz I grew up plowing over the trail!

You are right they are not near as relflective, but the OSP didn't put up much fuss in their introduction. They are much cheaper to make too!

8. Oblio

Oblio Karting

May 9, 2004
    Puget Sound, WA
    Full Name:
    Todd R
    My plate is OBLIO. Originaly this was from a story by Harry Nillson called The Point. It is the name of the main character. Go see my web page for more on that.

I more recently learned that in Italian it is translated to mean oblivious or crazy.

I wonder if anyone worries when they see me driving on the road.

9. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    Stupid OR DMV!! They've declared the OR Trail plates obsolete. You can't transfer them, but apparently you can still renew them if you already have them. Supposedly the reason is that they want to reuse the number series that the Trail plates take up. WTF?? This means that they take back a Trail plate and re-issue a tree plate in the same number series. They don't gain anything. Oh, well.

10. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Decided to go with FREMERE. Tried to do it at the local licensing place, but they said it had to be mailed in. Dropped it in the box this afternoon. Kinda hard to reach those post office mailboxes in the 308 though!!

11. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    They lost out on 50 extra bucks by not allowing me to personalize my special plate that is yellow. Kelly the ODOT legislative liason told me that it would make no sense to allow it cuz no one would ever see it anyway? Very silly.

12. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Isn't that the truth! Of course with the top off you can unbuckle and stand on the dead peddle. But I am short!

13. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Fine for no front plate is $85...but I have been stopped numerous times for non-offenses in the TCab (twice in the car pool...my kids sit low in the rear) and have never been ticketed for not having a front plate. Figure if it was in the system, they would have nabbed me as it is easy to remember - RMPANTE.

- JMG

14. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Right on John!. Good choice.

One of these days I am going to have to make a trip over SR2 to your neck of the woods. Maybe I can get a couple of tag-a-longs while I am at it.

15. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Dana,
    Thanks. I keep trying to make it to a club event, but haven't made it yet. I'm in Alaska right now, just went to my nephew's graduation last night. Drop me a line when you can make it over this way. I'd love to see "old yellow".
    John