News

VECTOR cars!

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by philt68, Aug 31, 2011.

1. atomicskiracer

atomicskiracer Formula 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Both sold to Kris Singh. Anyone know what the final price was for each?

2. CK7684

CK7684 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    $450k roadster & $555k coupe

3. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    Guys, just as an FYI, over my ~30 year career as a VC/PE investor, I've accumulated some interesting unsolicited business plans. One of them was from Gerald Weigart, circa 1992. I just ran across it along with bunch of other interesting literature, and sent it all off to the AACA library, figuring that was the only entity that would be interested in it. Sort of an interesting piece of history. The business plan came with a VCR video and a Hotwheels car.

tbakowsky likes this.
  4. CK7684

CK7684 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Can you elaborate?

5. ersatzS2

ersatzS2 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 24, 2009
    Norfolk VA
    Weigart was raising money for Vector, and this was the business plan with history, projections, product roadmap etc. Kind of arcane but an interesting behind the scenes peek at Weigart's vision for the company. I hope the AACA library will archive it and make it available; it's a pretty small universe of folks who'd be interested!

CK7684 likes this.
  6. CK7684

CK7684 Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    For sure. I'd be interested in seeing it!

7. trmather

trmather Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2007
    Merseyside, UK
    Full Name:
    Tom
  8. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    he posts here as well.

9. bitzman

bitzman Formula 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Congratulations to ol' Jer for selling his leftover prototypes in Arizona at the RM auction. Even if he didn't make a million selling the cars when they were new, he makes a million selling two (slightly) used ones. I am confused by the prices announced, was it $650,000 for the coupe with the premiums? And how much for the roadster with the premiums? Who is the buyer,Mr, Singh, an entraprenurial pioneer or major collector? Is the next Vector all electric? Seems to be a great way to avoid the smog tests and the Teslas prove powertain isn't that important to early adopters. I wish Amazon would just take some small change out of their pocket and fund it...and it woiuld give Jeff Bezos a one-up on his rival Elon Musk whose electric sports car is still a pipe dream (well, one was delivered, to outer space...)

10. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Just drove a W8!

Chris

11. bitzman

bitzman Formula 3

Feb 15, 2008
    I have known Jerry since 1970 when his ex-girlfriend in Bad Axe, MI said I should look him uo when I reach the Coast. I always remember at some auto shows, he would dress in a jet pilot's flight suit and have a fetching Miss Vector. I am glad after all these years he sold two prototypes at auction for roughly a million. It wasn't the ay he wanted to become rich but hey, he achieved his dream, sort of...

12. vectorfiles

vectorfiles Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    new record sale for a Vector W8 last night at RM Sotheby´s aution in Arizona:
    650.000$ plus fees:

BJK, SAT4RE and CK7684 like this.
  13. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    That was fun to watch! Beautiful car. Miss that super-low, super-wedge styling.

14. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    This car should be born again. If there isn't an manufacturer for it there should be a component car that brings this cars stunning shape back to the road.

15. Phil~

Phil~ F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2013
    Potomac, Maryland
    Here is an in-depth look at a W8 by Doug Demuro. Such an interesting car!

Driving the W8

CK7684 likes this.