Vegas Visit late 2011 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Vegas Visit late 2011

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by vegas1, Mar 3, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #26 TheMayor, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    Rio is nice. Off the strip so you have to take a cab to get anywhere but aside from that, a very nice place.

Rooms are expensive for that period. Sema is the second largest convention of the year. And, I think a lot of attendees stay and have a good time after they go to the show.

2. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    Also one of the biggest Karting races in the world, Supernats XV is held in the Rio parking lot starting on the 16th. The main events are on Sunday the 20th. You should stick around, some notable racers that have done laps there in the last two years: Michael Schumacher, Sebastian Buemi, Nelson "PK" Jr., Jamie McMurray, Buddy Rice, Dan Wheldon, and more.

http://www.superkartsusa.com/national/skusa-supernationals.html

I never miss it!

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Ya but Karter's don't stay at the Rio. The best they can afford is Best Western -- 4 to a room! :)

Just kidding!

4. NWaterfall

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    :D hahaha!

You should have seen how many people fit in the Veyron cruising through the pits! :)

5. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    SEMA will be over by then (Conference runs from 11-17 November) but I appreciate a lot of people might hang around in Vegas for another week or so.

Believe it or not, accommodation for conference attendees at the Rio during the course of the conference is only $93.00 per night, based on first in first served. That is incredibly cheap. Apparently these conferences attract around 2,500 people.

6. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    Thanx - sounds fun. If I stay at the Rio, I will be there until the 17th anyway, so I will definitely catch up on the Supernats XV.

Maybe Bob will take his new 458 for an exhibition spin around the karting course (assuming he has taken delivery of it by that date - fingers crossed). Here's hoping.

7. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    As an aside, how far off The Strip is the Rio located. I have tried Googling it, but the map is a bit confusing.

Further, I believe the Rio is owned by the same consortorium who own Caesars and other hotels, so evidently the Rio provides a half hour shuttle bus service to The Strip. I take it the Rio isn't within walking distance of The Strip - I don't mind a walk now and then.

8. NWaterfall

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    There are free shuttles to Ballys and Harrahs, I believe. The shuttle is medium sized bus that continuously loops those properties for free. The walk is doable, but I would say about 1.5 miles from the Bellagio/Ceaser's.

9. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    Thanx.

10. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    Can any of you guys rate Planet Hollywood, Paris, MGM Grand and Luxor as accommodation venues for my four day SEMA stay in Vegas. I am after a 4 star venue but things are selling out fast. Bellagio and Caesars are sold out for SEMA week.

I'm off to Reno for a week after SEMA and return to Vegas on 11 November for nine days at the Rio All Suites Resort.

11. vegas1

vegas1 F1 Rookie

Jul 28, 2004
    Australia
    Are any of you guys attending the SEMA show in a few weeks time or is it only for hot rodders.

12. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #37 m5guy, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    There are 3 or 4 of us coming from Southern California. Sandyeggo, Anxpert, JC550, Monteman (maybe), and me. I will start a new thread and see who wants to get together.