Velocity stacks, strikers, and lights! | FerrariChat

Velocity stacks, strikers, and lights!

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Doug D, Aug 10, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doug D

Doug D Rookie

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dwyer
    1974 365GT4 2+2

Hi everyone.

Getting down to the last few (well....dozen or so!) small reassembly projects on this project car. Soon I hope to actually be driving it....which which surely result in a new list of tasks. Anyhow, I stumped on a few items where my notes or pics were lacking.

1) Glove box latch striker. See picture. I set these little widgets in the glove box when I had the dash apart. A prior person marked them LL and RR. Are these strikers for the glove box latch? If so, I can't fathom how the latch 'finger' actually engages them. If these are not the strikers, what are they? Does anyone have a picture of the glove box lock set-up?

2) Ashtray light....or what I believe to be the ashtray light. I had the console all apart. Everything fell into place Ok except the ashtray light. For the life of me I can't figure out exactly how or where it mounts. Any advice of pics?

3) I feel most stupid about this one. I didn't make notes when I removed the little velocity stacks. How can I figure out which goes where? There are different lengths and angles

100 thanks for any help

Cheers
    Doug D

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    If you look at the stacks you can figure out where they go. Sorry I can’t be any more help. One time when I had them off I had them set out in order on the bench and somehow they got moved. I was able to figure out where they went. If you notice some of the stacks have a round cutout around the base, this lines up with hole on the air filter box. Hope this helps.

3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    On the 400 the ashtray light is attached to the underside of the wood console. There is an additional layer of wood where the bulb sock is attached. From memory, this is on the front left side of the ashtray, facing the red transparent "window" of the ashtray (this window lets the light pass-through and illuminate the ashtray).

The 365 has a different console, so your mileage may vary.

4. Doug D

Doug D Rookie

May 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    Douglas Dwyer
    Gentlemen, thanks for the help.

I'll let you know how I make out

Cheers
    DD