Ventilated seats on Portofino | FerrariChat

Ventilated seats on Portofino

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by lupin, Nov 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lupin

lupin Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Hello everyone,

Do you have the code of this option?
    I ordered my Portofino last month, I added daytona seats but I could not add ventilated seats because ''not available'', so are these available or not? I saw here some users that ordered them.

Thank you.

2. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    I asked the same question last week and was told that ventilated seats are not available yet as well.

If you know of someone who claims they have ordered them, you may ask them to ask their dealer how it was done, i.e. what order code or line code was used.

Maybe it is the US versus European spec variable ?

3. Krog

Krog Rookie

Apr 3, 2013
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Krog
    RSFV

Will most likely delay delivery, but for me, its worth the wait. They can be delivered now for the Lusso, so it can’t be impossible.

4. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Ventilated seats were offered to me when I did my Atelier at Ferrari in April.

5. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I think this is the only way vented seats are currently offered, I read somewhere.

6. lupin

lupin Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Any news about this option? My build is in middle of March but I hope I can order them. Now it seems I can't.

7. lupin

lupin Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    Great news!!!

RSFV is available for my production (middle march) but the problem is I can't add them in combination with Daytona seats.

It's an hard choice but I think I will go with ventilated seats and delete daytona style seats. What do you think ?

8. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Any idea what the cost is in the US?

9. Krog

Krog Rookie

Apr 3, 2013
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Krog
    I had confirmation from my dealer 2-3 days ago that ventilated seats were now available with the Daytona seats I initially ordered. Please re-check with your dealer.

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Ventilated seats! What will Ferrari think of next!?!

The simply hard-to-believe the things one can get on a $300,000 automobile!

First Ferrari trail-blazed with that fancy "back up camera" thingy...now this!

LARRYH likes this.
  11. lupin

lupin Rookie

Aug 15, 2014
    He called the factory on 20 december and told me this. Or the person at the factory is wrong or I don't know what to think.
    There is something you can show me to prove this? Also in private. So I can send him. I don't think he will listen again to me after this answer of 20 december from the factory.

12. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just spoke to my dealer. I have a Portofino that has been green 10 for several months. I inquired about ventilated seats and they have heard nothing from Ferrari as to this option for US Portofino’s.

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Have them on my 2011 911. They're awesome of you live in a hot weather climate!
    T

14. XDINO

XDINO Karting

Feb 20, 2008
    Chicago / Naples
    Full Name:
    Rich
    There are US federal standards relating to passenger weight sensors in passenger seats. It’s possible that ventilated seats that are ok for some other markets may not yet have been federally approved here.

15. GNU

GNU Rookie

Sep 28, 2014
    Ventilated seats have been a pretty common option in nicer cars here in the US for some years now.
    I’ve have ventilated and massaging seats in my current Volvo.

I think it’s more likely a Ferrari manufacturing, reliability and/or logistics issue since they deal with lower volumes than many other manufacturers.

16. Krog

Krog Rookie

Apr 3, 2013
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Krog
    I unfortunately don't have any proof besides the call that I got from my normal representative who had just been in touch with the factory. I had even emailed him beforehand saying that the ventilated seats were more important to me than the Daytona configuration, but he assured me that I did not have to choose. He even mentioned that RSFV was available with both leather and Alcantara configurations. He said that he would put in the order immediately as RSFV was now an open option and hoped for delivery somewhere in may 2019. If something changes or new information comes up, I'll be happy to put it up here. Just for clarity, both RSFV (ventilated seats) and DAYT (Daytona seats) were present on my original PDF spec sheet from August - RSFV was just not open in MODIS at that time.

17. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    My understanding option RSFV is available in certain markets around the world. It is not currently available in the US market.

18. Risktaker

Risktaker Karting

Feb 15, 2014
    How well do the Ventilated seats work in the Portofino? Is this option now available in the United States?

19. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Not sure how well they work, but they are available in the U.S. I ordered them on our Portofino...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    Got told today, RSFV option (ventilated seats) is available (Europe) both for Standard and Daytona seats. I chose the standard seats though.

tomc and jumpinjohn like this.