Ventilated Seats? | FerrariChat

Ventilated Seats?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Dseig001, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Hey guys - how could I tell if my car had cooled seats?

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Do you mean the full electric ventilated seats? For California, I think I read here that you can see button on driver's seat. See circled in pic (photo is from Naples Motorsports)...T
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Andrew Pour likes this.
  3. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    you can also just look at the leather. It's perforated if cooled. It's pretty obvious when you see it so if you are not sure when you look, you probably dont have them.

tomc likes this.
  4. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    My Cali T has these seats as well. The option code is RSFV. Interestingly most seats I see are either the basic without heating, or just heated seats. Do not see many with both heated and cooled seats.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I think Ferrari was late to the game wrt ventilated seats. I have them in my '11 911 and they're great.
    I don't think they came to the Cali segment until later than that by a few years...T

6. Andrew Pour

Andrew Pour Karting

Oct 7, 2019
    #6 Andrew Pour, May 13, 2020
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Late to the party is an understatement. I currently have a 2004 SL500 and THAT has ventilated seats. haha

tomc likes this.
  7. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Found a 2017 with them!

tomc likes this.
  8. joesil

joesil Rookie

Aug 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    J Sil
    The ventilated seats in a Ferrari are a scam at best. My 2017 California has then and no air comes out of them ... the Ferrari dealer said that this is normal? Wow i must be an idiot.

9. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I have them in my 2017 Cali T and they work fine. You’re first post is a negative on ventilated seats...um yeah I’m gonna put a bunch of faith in your post.

10. ashingo

ashingo Rookie

May 24, 2021
    The pricing for ventilated fully electric seats is about 20% more than the standard fully electric seats. Do yall think it's worth it to pay a bit more for the ventilation feature? I live in a tropical country where it's summer all year round but have never had ventilated seats on any of my cars so i'm not sure whether it's a gimmick or if it's worth it. Currently on waitlist for my roma!

11. Florida Joe

Florida Joe Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    South Florida
    I test drove a portofino with the ventilated seats and I'm in South Florida. I was surprised how I could feel the coolness around my back and legs so I think they're worth it. I think they work as well as any others. I have a Mercedes now and the ventilated seats on the Ferrari were similar to the Mercedes.

Personal decision and probably depends on the climate where you live

Sent from my Pixel 5 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. joesil

joesil Rookie

Aug 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    J Sil
    UM? I am sorry if i offended you. You must be one of the little guys that feels cold all the time and sets his thermostat at 80 in the summer or when its 105 out.
    I made the statement because my car is in for service right now and it blows no air but they told me at Ferrari service that this is normal? I hope you feel better.

13. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Pfft...not offended...you’ll have to try harder than that. First I am not “one of the little guys that feels cold all the time”...I keep the air at the lowest setting possible and use the ventilated seats when I want to so there’s that .

My point was you said “the ventilated seats in a Ferrari is a scam at best” which is not true based on numerous owners with various models. All you had to say is the ventilated seats in your 2017 Cali T don’t appear to be working and your Ferrari dealer is checking it out. Hope you enjoy your T. They are great cars!

14. joesil

joesil Rookie

Aug 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    J Sil
    Truth is i am a little pissed. Car is still under warranty and dealer dismissed problem, told me seats are working. Not going to blast dealer yet ... they still have the car and they are looking at it closer now that i made a stink. They also wanted to charge me $90 for looking at it and stating that the seats are working properly. The service manager admitted that he cant feel the air after my complaint and he is now talking to Ferrari about replacing the fans? I had to threaten woman in service department (Not Manager) with an outside audit. They also swept other issues under the rug and tried to charge me for diagnostics.

15. joesil

joesil Rookie

Aug 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    J Sil
    Just to give you an Update, dealer agreed to put new blower motors in the seats because he also could not feel any air. He reported back to me and stated "Ferrari basically puts a PC fan in the seat and you are never going to get good ventilation". So my original Quote that the ventilated seats are a scam is correct. They now have my car for a month they located 1 fan locally and i am waiting on the 2nd fan to arrive from Italy.

16. 695

695 Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2021
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Chris
    A Porsche 911 or a MB SL500 with ventilated seats is still no Ferrari ;-)

17. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    Mine are used daily during the hot SoCal summer and work well

18. joesil

joesil Rookie

Aug 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    J Sil
    Not in a Cali T