VERDI FERRARI | Page 12 | FerrariChat

VERDI FERRARI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hincksmanrees1919, Nov 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Agreed Timmy. Post count is not always a good indicator of how trustworthy information may or may not be. What I would say on that is: low post-count people though are essentially unknown, so have yet to establish their online identity/character with us. Even when talking face-to-face, you'd approach a stranger's information with some degree of caution before you knew more about their character, so that's natural.

It has been interesting watching what has been happening in the courts. As you say, the evidence presented must have been highly convincing to permit the seizure of assets.

All the best,
    Andrew.

2. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    Legal justice is one thing but will anyone be able to recover their money? :(

3. asdfasdf123

asdfasdf123 Rookie

Jun 14, 2012
    So I dropped my car off there five weeks ago. Hadn't seen this obviously. It was still there when they got closed down and is now locked inside in some unknown state :(

4. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    You probably need to seek clarification from the liquidator as to the status of your car. Read your documents carefully. If the liquidator says it's undetermined, or that they intend to sell as part of an asset recovery process, then discuss injunctive relief with your solicitor.

It's very hard to challenge liquidators, so proceed at speed.

5. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    the Receiver said there were no cars belonging to any customers in his garage when he seized the premises, when did you leave your car there?

6. asdfasdf123

asdfasdf123 Rookie

Jun 14, 2012
    Around 5 weeks ago. But they tell me they hadn't actually done any work on it, and left it on the ramps inside.

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    #282 Fast_ian, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    Uh oh! Without trying to make you really sick, did you leave the paperwork inside?

To save scrolling back here's the liquidators response from above;

Pardon my ignorance, but how would the Receiver know which cars belonged to who at that point?

Good luck,
    Cheers,
    Ian

8. asdfasdf123

asdfasdf123 Rookie

Jun 14, 2012
    I had all the paperwork at home this time thankfully. Based on what I've heard so far, I'm not sure the bit about no customer cars being at the premises is accurate.

I was told to contact Marshman Price (who have appeared in this thread up above), who referred me to a contact at Eddisons' recoveries & insolvency division, who is the one apparently going through the mess of getting the cars back to their owners and sorting out who owns what. So I've sent off my documentation to them to prove I own it. When I said mine was meant to be untouched he mentioned another car left with its engine out at the time it was shut down so it sounds like there were in fact cars there. Nervously waiting to hear back from them...

9. roalda

roalda Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2007
    Wiltshire England
    Full Name:
    Roy
    Best of luck mate.

Regards
    Roy

10. Alan R Price

Alan R Price Rookie

Dec 21, 2011
    Northamptonshire
    Full Name:
    Alan R Price
    hincksmanrees1919 has it slightly wrong, I'm afraid. The only cars on the premises when we seized them appeared to be third party vehicles in for repair/servicing or sale. There were apparently no stock vehicles. Any third party who wishes to recover his vehicle should, in the first instance, contact my agents, Eddisons: 0207 246 0113, ref Kevin McAndrew. They will require firm evidence of ownership and identity of the owner.

I have also instructed Eddisons to sell the contents of the premises. Anybody wishing to take over the business or buy the assets should contact Kevin. We have some nice diagnostic equipment, tools and lifts etc. Subject to agreeing occupation terms a new owner could walk in and start up again the next day.

There is a rumour that Karl has popped up again elsewhere and is trading again. I'd appreciate any information about this - email in confidence to [email protected].

11. habanero

habanero Rookie

Mar 29, 2012
    There were many owners on here that Verdi sold cars for and didn't pay. I'm sure the count was over 10 from memory. There are a few posts at the beginning end of this thread.

It's a brave man that would let him or his various companies anywhere near his Ferrari.

12. Darren C

Darren C Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2011
    Chichester, UK
  13. GallardoDave

GallardoDave Rookie

Jul 31, 2013
    This story is incredible, just watched the feature on BBC 'The Sheriffs'.

I'm on various forums but never did hear about these crooks.

I wonder how many will be present in August.

I would also be interested in thr details of the vacant premises if a sale is not complete, does anyone have contact info?

Thanks.

14. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Err..... Please see Alan's post just above;

Good luck.

I have absolutely no skin in this game, but it sure is fun following it!..... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

15. Lead Foot

Lead Foot Karting

May 30, 2011
  16. andyww

andyww F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2011
    London
    I dont understand how he got away with using these names in the first place. Its trademark infringement surely? Companies using the Ferrari name, in a trade related to cars would need approval from Ferrari.

17. asdfasdf123

asdfasdf123 Rookie

Jun 14, 2012
    Just as an update, got the car back today finally, all safe and sound. Even started up without any battery assistance despite hardly being driven for two months!

18. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    *Excellent* news! Sleeping a little easier now I suspect. ;)

Mind me asking where you picked it up from? If "their" (sic) place, many other cars around? Lifts? Tools? Did you learn anything else? Etc.

Hopefully, most everyone else will get their cars back in due time.

Cheers,
    Ian

19. asdfasdf123

asdfasdf123 Rookie

Jun 14, 2012
    Still around 5 or 6 cars left there I think; two obviously in the middle of being worked on and the rest in one piece. One I recognise from when I dropped my car off initially. Another guy was collecting his car at the same time as well and very kindly gave me some fuel in case I was low and the battery charge was suspect. Lifts are there, we had to get mine down from one of them. Not sure about other tools/equipment, was too busy focusing on getting the car out of there and back home :)

Only real problem is the Pininfarina badge has fallen off the left side skirt (out of boredom, perhaps). Nothing a bit of glue can't fix.

20. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    If you need a replacement Pininfarina badge, let me know, I have a spare from my old 612 that I don't need.

21. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    don't forget that Verdi is up in the High Court on 28th August so anyone wishing to attend can do so, he lied on his last appearance it appears, so this time he could be up for perjury and he'll probably lie again, so if there are victims in court they will be able to verify what Verdi says.

22. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Verify, or dispute?..... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

23. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
  24. BigTex