VERDI FERRARI | Page 13 | FerrariChat

VERDI FERRARI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hincksmanrees1919, Nov 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

He obviously couldn't get anything out before the bailiffs showed up! In addition to all the tools etc there's some interesting memorabilia in there too. Suspect someone(s) gonna get some serious bargains.... SD2/3 anyone?

Almost, but not quite, feel sorry for the guy - that's his entire shop in that auction. Gonna be hard to start again with no tools. Serves him right I guess!

Cheers,
    Ian

2. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Even harder to start up again with a poor reputation, even if he could somehow get some tools together again.

All the best,
    Andrew.

3. Kevin McAndrew

Aug 27, 2013
    #303 Kevin McAndrew, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  4. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Any update as to what happened on the 28th or did he not appear?

5. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
  6. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Wow! I guess nobody thought to take it down?

The address is the same as the auction location, so I guess should some poor ignorant soul show up they'll be in for something of a shock!......

As for his "inventory" I suspect that's always been BS if anything written above is to be believed.

Cheers,
    Ian

7. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Did he Singh like a Birdi ? We need to know.
    Nathan

8. GRANDE GRINGO

GRANDE GRINGO Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    PERNAMBUCO/RECIFE BR
    ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE SD3 /SD2/SD1 ANNALY.machines went for.

9. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    SD1-£5200
    SD2-£4200
    SD3-£6401

All plus a buyers premium based on a percentage of sale and then VAT at a further 20%. Still well under market value although they were untested, weren't in their correct boxes, and leads and software was missing from all of them..

10. kongman

kongman F1 Rookie

Aug 30, 2006
    brisvegas south
    Full Name:
    mr p
    they badmouth fchat a bit in the comments.

11. mvgt2

mvgt2 Karting

Sep 18, 2012
    Anyone know what happened re thecourt appearance?

12. nerodino

nerodino Formula 3
    BANNED

May 19, 2005
    Suffolk UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Clearly nobody knows as i asked the day after the so called hearing and no one has responded!

13. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    Verdi was given a serious grilling and lied his way throughout but it was clear to everyone that his defence was so transparent that it was laughable. Clearly unless he comes up with some serious dosh to compensate his victims then he will be back in court again, he is under a lot of pressure and now that he has had his business premises seized and his business assets seized, the next step is to seize the family home to recover more money. Finally justice is being done.

14. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    No prison sentence?
    Nathan

15. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    You don't actually say what the court outcome was.

Any details?

16. jagmanv12

jagmanv12 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The business premises are now empty. From memory the tools, spares, etc raised about 50k (gross) at auction.

17. deppi0

deppi0 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Edmondo
    I hope he rots in jail though.

Unfortunately if it was a Limited Company then it becomes very difficult to go after his personal assets in the UK....

18. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    More than £50,000 was raised from the sale of the tools and equipment, over £60,000.00, so a result of sorts. Verdi perjured himself in court and it is likely the Official Receiver will pursue this matter especially taking into account what happens to people who commit perjury in any other court!

19. giocast

giocast Rookie

Mar 31, 2010
    Hi Andrew (my first post) It's funny, you say this, but I know many details of a similar 'character' albeit on a much smaller scale and also dealing in Italian cars. It seems that experience has shown them that the chances of Customer A/ (who has already been severely shafted) talking to Customer B/ (who is totally new on the scene or 'green' and hasn't done any research) are pretty remote.

Regards
    Chris

20. Freddy.

Freddy. Rookie

Jun 22, 2014
    I just went on this crooks website and it looks like Verdi are opening two new retail and service stations. I am just in shock of what this low life scum has done to his victims. He is still 100% fully involved in Verdi Ferrari. His avoidance tactics included hiding his voice on the phone and the same old story of his ill father. Yes he is still doing it and is still ripping people off, hiding from his new victims. He is a total slime ball scum, the master of lying, manipulating people, cheating, stealing, forging documents etc. The list goes on and on and sooner rather than later he is going to end up in Jail.

21. Freddy.

Freddy. Rookie

Jun 22, 2014
    New Arrivals at Verdi's or should I say New Victims. Arrivals

22. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    It seems that the latest iteration of Verdi is not a Limited Company, as no registered office or Company Registration Number is quoted on the website. I wonder if they have registered for VAT yet?

What is the betting that the member of the family who nominally runs this business has transferred all his personal assets to someone else!

23. Freddy.

Freddy. Rookie

Jun 22, 2014
    Karl Verdi is an absolute moron if he thinks he is in the clear to re-open Verdi's and make it a success again. He has some sort of god complex but he is just a scumbag crook, thief and liar. We are not fools and know exactly what he is up too. He is still ripping people off especially if the opportunity exists.

24. Freddy.

Freddy. Rookie

Jun 22, 2014
    #324 Freddy., Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Oh god here we go again! Keep your wits about you guys