VERDI FERRARI | Page 2 | FerrariChat

VERDI FERRARI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hincksmanrees1919, Nov 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So is Verdi going/gone bust or is this just a dispute about a couple of unsettled payments for cars sold? It'd be a pity if Verdi's has gone bust, when I lived in England a few years ago I used his garage a couple of times and thought they were a really nice crew.

2. gloria

gloria Rookie

May 12, 2011
    I AM OWED MONEY BY VERDI FOR A SOLD CAR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS THE CURRENT LEGAL POSITION AND LEGAL CONTACT DETAILS,THANKS A LOT .

3. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    ANSWER TO GLORIA.

Please send an email to [email protected] with your details and you will then be supplied with details of all the other unfortunate customers of Verdi who are in the same boat as you, current unpaid amounts in excess of £200,000.00.

4. shado

shado Guest

May 5, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Shado Ra
    I have only just seen this thread after it came up in conversation this morning.
    And this thread has a bad smell about it. I am wondering how many more new first time posters will join in. I know at least one poster on here from another UK forum, who does not like Verdis for his own twisted reasons.
    I have sold a Ferrari through Verdis a few years ago, the car sold after 5 month and i was settled up very quickly. I also bought my last car from him.
    Verdis are not closing down, there still open and very busy.
    I have only delt with Carl not his son for the record.
    IMO the only credable complaint on this thread is that of David Yu. Other than that, this is a suspicous thread IMO.

5. v6inside

v6inside Rookie

Jul 4, 2008
    I agree, this thread seems like its been opened to destroy Verdi's reputation.

The use of capital letters in gloria's post seem strikingly similar to someone elses ;)

moderaters should shut this thread down or at least limit to proven facts only.

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Gloria does not share a registration e-mail address or IP address with any other user on FerrariChat.

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    I'm in London this whole weekend, and was headed to Heathrow to drop a friend at the airport so decided to swing by and see the state of affairs, from a visual aspect, at the Verdi workshop.

At first I was shocked because there was no trace of Verdi signage around the workshop, instead a benner showing performance engineering, hanging above the doors, the red white and green colours were present on various details so I knew this where Verdi was (I went there years ago with my 360) so I assumes they had packed up, but on my way out I noticed a newer workshop with verdi above the door. From what I could tell, the reception looked ransacked, does anybody know if they are in the process of moving? How long have they been in that new place?

Sorry for the kinda pointless post. Just sayin...

Regards
    Mike

8. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Why?

9. dubsingh

dubsingh Rookie

Nov 28, 2010
    Wow iv been away a while and have just recently come back into the area, this is news to me

I had my car (orange murcielago) sold at the start of the year and had no problems, I got my money more or less without any major issues. I do know he gets stretched quite thinly at the garage as everyone wants to speak to him for some sort of car advice etc. I mean from my personal experience there have never been any issues.

This just seems like a witch hunt to me because one person has not had a satisfactory result, shouldn’t this have been sorted out in a more private way?????? Just saying

But I hope all parties involved can come to an amicable solution as this bad press is not a fair reflection on the verdi ferrari or guys that work there!!!

ps have they moved or are they still there or has someone else taken over????

10. AmoCS

AmoCS Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2006
    Full Name:
    Amo
    The problem with service providers is that they rarely get praise for a job well done, but when you get one complaint, it turns into a fire ball. Unfortunately we are in a world where bad news sells, and usually tarnishes years of good service.

I’ve known Verdi’s for years, and they must have serviced 10,000’s of cars and sold 1,000’s. Where is all the praise for these services?

Makes you wonder doesn’t it?

Yes you see the odd post on Club Scuderia, but most people don’t bother with passing on positive communication as it’s seen as a given for a paying client.

I bet some of the posts are from competitors, or people who are envious of an Indian business man who has made it into the exotic sports car league.

Funny, I remember when Verdi’s was the number one stand at the annual Brooklands Auto Italia show. They basically ran the show!

Personally, I’ve bought/sold cars from Verdi’s, including dozens of services/repairs, no problems whatsoever.

I recall when I broke down on a Sunday afternoon in the city, they opened the workshop especially for me so the AA could drop the car off. The cost?, £0,00.

11. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    It seems clear from earlier posts that more than one person is involved and that the moderators are satisfied that there are suitable facts to support and that therefore this is not a witch hunt that warrants closing or deleting

12. shado

shado Guest

May 5, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Shado Ra
    "Envious"? Well i have never heard it described as that before.

13. dubsingh

dubsingh Rookie

Nov 28, 2010
    #38 dubsingh, Dec 18, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
    well what do u it call it then???!!!

14. jokr

jokr Karting

Nov 30, 2010
    There are at least 6 people involved who have been taken for over £200k in total. There are several court judgments and winding up petitions in play. These have been filed in court and are public record; this is fact not fiction.

I have known and dealt with Verdi for nearly 20 years. He seemed to be a great guy right up until the time that he took me for nearly £50k. If it didn't happen to you then I'm sure that you would continue to believe that he is a great guy.

The only way I found out about the other cases is through this forum - which seems useful and, to me, the whole point of this kind of communication.

15. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
  16. dubsingh

dubsingh Rookie

Nov 28, 2010
    Well like it has been said by someone already people very rarely get comments/praises of good service and as soon as one or two ppl get a bad exp these forums seem to escalate the issue ten fold any way.

Any way I hope all parties involved get things right as it would be a shame to see a company which has been around for donkies to go under. I still intend to use them for services etc for my cars the staff there are really quite Knowledgeable, helpful, warm and welcoming (my experience and all of the people I know who use them)

Every one messes up at some point and dose not always have the sun shine out of their ass! We are human people make errors in their judgement

17. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Jesus Christ, this just gets more confusing and hilarious everyday.

Oh and wow, you've been away for 'a while' and then come back with 3 posts on this one subject with a total post count of , erm, 4. Hmmmmmm

18. 360stimo

360stimo Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 23, 2005
    Well said.

19. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

Nicely put, thx!

I suspect the mods are close though...... ;)

Cheers,
    Ian

20. r111gts

r111gts Rookie

Dec 7, 2011
    Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Rupert
    Whenever there is a bad experience posted of a (UK) garage , it is normally removed immediately by the moderators as they are terrified of their forum being sued in the UK Courts at ruinious cost.

Consequently, people only get to read about the good experiences on forums, but the bad experiences pass under the radar. Several threads about Verdi have been started on Pistonheads and ClubScuderia over the last several months and been deleted almost immediately by the moderators.

In this situation, the number of different people having posted about similar experiences, the complete lack of any defence or response from Verdi, and the verifiable facts e.g. the winding up petition give credence to the claims.

Even so, just last week clubscuderia deleted a link to this thread within about 10 minutes.

Ferrarichat have a massive advantage being based in the US but even so have been brave and are performing a very valuable service keeping this thread alive. I presume this is one of the massive advantages of being based in America.

However, the lesson should be it is not safe to judge a garage's ability and trustworthiness by the postings in forums which don't allow negative comments.

My sympathies to any people who have lost money through this - good luck in getting it back. With regard to Dubsingh's comment above everybody messing up at some point, this is indeed true. However, it is better for everyone for problems to be indentified early. Karl I believe is a nice person and a very good mechanic, whose problems are largely with organisation. Think how much better it would have been for both him and his customers if this had come to a head earlier - with a bit of restucturing and lost pride, he could have come away with his likely his business and but certainly his reputation intact, albeit a lesson learned.

21. hincksmanrees1919

Nov 24, 2011
    #46 hincksmanrees1919, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    At 11.30 on 19th December 2011 Verdi Ferrari (After Sales) Ltd was wound up in the Royal Court of Justice, High Court, London, there were 2 barristers acting for 3 petitioners, the hearing lasted 15 seconds.

There were no representatives from Verdi Ferrari to defend the Winding Up Order.

An Official Receiver will now be appointed to investigate the business affairs of Karl Verdi (Kuldip Singh Verdi) and his son Kabir Verdi.

More information will be posted shortly.

22. baggie115

baggie115 Rookie

Dec 8, 2011
    London
    #47 baggie115, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    Glad everyone can now see the truth about Verdi Ferrari / Verdi Ferrari After Sales and Karl Verdi / Carl Verdi / Karl Singh . The promises time and time again to pay people for cars he has sold on their behalf that never materialises. HE SOLD MY CAR IN MARCH 2011 AND I AM STILL OWED MONEY FOR IT OVER 10 MONTHS LATER!

BUYERS AND SELLERS BEWARE - VERDI FERRARI HAVE BEEN WOUND UP !!

www.verdi-ferrari.com , www.verdi-ferrari.biz ; verdi ferrari ; www.verdiferrari.biz ; verdi-ferrari.com , verdi-ferrari.biz ; [email protected] ; [email protected] ; www.verdiferrari.biz ; winding up ; gone bust ; bankrupt ; dissolved ; Royal Court of Justice ; High Court ; December 2011

23. Fmax

Fmax Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Prague, CZ
    Full Name:
    Max
    #48 Fmax, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
    I am the petitioner and even though I could have possibly got some more money this week. I decided to do the right thing as possibly more people would have been shafted to pay me.

Karl/Kabir, when you read this in open it will hurt but you left this far too long and were in so much **** that you needed this for your own good and also for the public good.

Karl you are in denial of the amount of doo doo you are in. This had to be stopped, you owe nearly a quarter of a million pounds to people and are not going to solve it by stiffing the next person who comes with a SOR car. It is not your car, the 1-3k commission belongs to you. Thinking otherwise is very dangerous is going to hurt others.

I just wrote this to Karl and Kabir explaining why I had to go through with todays petition.

Hi Karl/Kabir,

Just heard the company was wound up. There were 2 other supporting petitioners. So you would have been in business for another 3 weeks anyway until the next hearing.

I got some pressure to go through with it today but ultimately it was my decision alone. This is why.

I have been in touch with most of the people you owe money to, that I know of. Here is the list:

Me 25k
    Se.... 38K
    Ran... 45K
    Rus.... 50K
    Nig... 20K
    Ma... 8K
    To.... 35k
    Tob... 11k

( guys named shortened)

Se... has got nothing and you knew his situation. I feel really, really sorry for him, he lost everything, this was his last asset and you still paid him nothing knowing his situation. This has to stop somewhere and Karl you need to face the music. All these people above have been fobbed off by you, flown in to see you, called you countless times each and failed to get anything.

I decided to go through with the petition today because you owe 232k that I know of and you struggled to get me 10k, then it was 7k, then 5k then 4k. Of course I am going to do what I can to get what is owed. I spent over 200 pounds in phone calls to you, you promised you paid me several times WHICH WAS AN OUT AND OUT LIE. Once the petition is out of the way you have no incentive to pay me anymore.

So let's consider ourselves even on the going back on your word score. I have done it once to you, you did it dozens of times to me.

I am still down 25K. You cannot go on robbing new victims to pay the old. That does not sit easy with me either. You should have come to an agreement not keep robbing Peter to pay Paul. That way you would still have some credibility intact.

Kabir, really sorry this has happened in your name as well. You are a nice guy and I know your heart is in the right place but all these guys who trusted you deserve better.

Well, I would say thanks but to be honest it has been a nightmare for all involved.

Max

24. shado

shado Guest

May 5, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Shado Ra
    Fair enough mate. Though its all a very sad ending to the Verdi legacy:(
    I hope every one gets there money back very soon. What a shame.

25. paul328

paul328 Formula Junior

May 5, 2009
    Scotland UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Santoni
    a new company was incorporated on 23/11/11

Verdi ferrari sales ltd

Dont know who is behind it, but the info is on the companies house website

If it continues to be the same people behind it then these issues can be rasied with the official reciever , the Dept of Trade and the Companies House investigation unit

Thought would let you know!

Paul