Vertu mobile phone | FerrariChat

Vertu mobile phone

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by 3604u, Apr 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Hi,
    just wondering if any of you have a Vertu mobile phones?

how much is the resale value.

Am thinking of buying one..
    but probably a used one..

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Hello friend. I have the Vertu Ferrari 1947. :):)

Dont know what the resale would be mate? I have seen a few sold on Ebay over the last 18 months. Cheapest was AU $1500 and the most expensive sold around AU $2000 from memory. :):)

The price I paid for mine they should have locked me up and thrown away the key! :eek::eek:

3. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    hehe..

so its being sold in ebay.au..

thanks for the heads up... would have a look.

.. so whats the damage you paid for yours !!!!

4. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Yep, they sell on there from time to time I reckon. :):)

I paid AU $320 for mine. Brand new. ;);)

5. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    You what!!!!

is it real or a replica.. you lucky XXXX!!!!

6. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #6 PAP 348, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    Sh*t, I dunno mate? :D:D

I read all about the replica's and the market out for them because the original phones are SOOOOOOO expensive. :):)

I have not seen a replica or real one in person other than mine, so I couldnt tell you sorry mate. :):)

But....this was all sealed up when I bought it (probably doesnt mean sh*t) and it looks pretty damn REAL to me. But I cant confirm 100%. Unless you know of how to tell a replica from the real thing? :):)

I dont even use it man. I LOVE the look of it, which is why I bought it. It looks like a million bucks! :D:D

I actually bid $1000 on it and scored it for $320. An 'unwanted' Corporate gift apparently. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The phone is REALLY heavy and a pig to use. Also has a small crappy screen. I think I was just to used to using Nokia's before I bought this Vertu. :D:D

I used it for a week and put it back in the box mate. Dont like using it and its too nice to thrash as a daily use phone IMO. Its a gorgeous phone! :eek::eek:

I went on and bought a Nokia N78. ;);)

7. Phil@SFSportsCars

Sep 12, 2008
    Bay Area, CA/NY
    The Vertu is made by Nokia. From what I hear many of the replicas are produced by the same company who makes the "legit" models for Nokia.....

8. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #8 PAP 348, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
    From the research I did before I bought the phone, I thought I read that Vertu phones are made by Vertu. :D:D

But, they use a Nokia operating system. That is where the Vertu Nokia comes from. :):)

I could be wrong, as you dont believe everything you read. :p:p

Here is their official website. Makes for some interesting reading and also lists they are hand made in England. :):)

You can also register your Vertu. I wonder if that 'rats out' the fakes from the real phones? :D:D

http://www.vertu.com/en/?

9. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  10. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  11. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Just looked at a few more companies selling their "own" Ferrari 1947 replica. They all dont seem to be the same as mine. :):)

Maybe mine is a 'real' one? :):)

Or maybe mine is just another replica and I havent come across the manufacturer yet. :p:p

12. ZiadR

ZiadR Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2008
    Beirut, Lebanon.
    Full Name:
    Ziad Ramadan
    Hey guys, I was just wondering, what's the price of a Vertu Ascent Ti Ferrari Rossa?

Thanks!

13. Phil@SFSportsCars

Sep 12, 2008
    Bay Area, CA/NY
    From what i know Vertu is owned by Nokia. I've never seen a replica in person so I'm not sure how to spot the difference. Was the concierge active on yours? How do you like them?

14. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #14 PAP 348, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
    Here is a Vertu Ascent Ti Ferrari Giallo currently selling for US $2500 on Ebay! :eek::eek:

It still has 2 days to go! I am keeping an eye on it. ;);)

Perhaps Rossa sells for more? :D:D

Fair enough mate. :):)

Yeah, neither have I. But EVERY one I looked at on the internet is different to mine. So I think mine is real, but I still cant confirm it 100%. :):)

It certainly was. I dont remember the phone number, but it was around 20 digits long when I dialled it. :p:p

Honestly, for the amount of money you pay..........they are deadset crap. :D:D

The phone is the nicest phone I have ever seen in my life and I LOVE it!! Its got great attention to detail, the leather smells like my Ferrari interior, the buttons "click" ever so nicely and its got a great/clear/loud speaker in it. :):)

But........it reminds of my first mobile phone from over 10 years ago. :p:p

VERY basic. Cant take pics, cant connect to PC via USB. Screen is very small and the phone is somewhat hard to naviagate through the menu system. :):)

I used it for a week and was sick of it. So its back in the box in the spare room. I dont want to sell it though, its just too awesome to get rid of. :D:D

15. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  16. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    looks good mate!!!

I am hoping to get a used one..

using a blackberry bold and a N95 8GIG which rocks.. but just thinking of having a weekend phone. I bought the Iphone 8gig.. but it just does do for me.. the battery is just bad!!!

A vertu would look good.. and I would most probably give it to my mum, after using it a few times. Its just something that I need to buy, lol

17. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    #17 PAP 348, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. fivesix

fivesix Formula 3

Nov 12, 2006
    Brisbane/Toowoomba
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    $50 RE!

19. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Deal!! Cash or check?? :eek::eek:

20. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Pap, to really confirm if it is real it must go through the Vertu Classife program, I will need $30,000 put into my PayPal account within the hour.... :D:D:D

21. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Pap, sorry to say mate its not real, but a damn good replica. A good way to find out is that Vertu offers its Concierge Service. And that is what the phone is much about, simply push a button and your speaking to someone ready to make reservations for you, anywhere in the world. And they will get you in, sort of like the American Express Platinum card service.

22. Sareve

Sareve F1 Rookie

Oct 23, 2007
    Singapore/Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Great looking phone and you got it at a steal! But you're right, it's one of the most overpriced, useless phones on the planet haha. My friend's got one, and another friend of mine always teases him by showing him how his $10 china phone can watch tv, take videos, pictures, surf the internet and do all sorts of other things that the hideously expensive Vertu can't.

23. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    #23 albert328gts, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2009
    Plus the Cheap Chinese phones have a big enough screen so that you can see all those great gizmos on it, I too tought about picking one of those Vertu (replica) up but the screen is too small, however they do look cooooooooooooool.

24. PAP 348

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol lol lol!! :D:D

Are you sure mate?? Can you tell just by looking at the phone that its a replica? :):)

It does have the Concierge button/service. I pressed it and it dialled some REALLY long number that I had never seen before. It started ringing so I hung up. :p:p

Afterwards, I read in the book that it was the Vertu Concierge number. Available 24 hrs/7 days a week from anywhere in the world to make reservations. Bla bla bla..... :):)

Perhaps I should put my sim card back in it and dial the Concierge number again and try to talk to someone? :D:D

That is true mate!! AWESOME looking phone, but good for **** all! :p:p

+1! :eek::eek:

25. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    post a pic of the barcode under the battery...that will help
    Then press *#06# on the phone while it's turned on to verify the IMEI matches the one on the barcode.

If they don't match, you've got a fake. If they do match, it doesn't prove anything right off the bat, but it's a good start.