Very Bad Leatherique Experience | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Very Bad Leatherique Experience

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by DBR328&330, Jul 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    You must be very proud! Very very very very very very very very very very very very very proud!!!

Total class. Good for you.

Best!
    Wes

2. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Thank you very much, Wes. That's very kind.

The thing I'm most proud of is working on it myself!

3. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    #28 F1Ace, Jul 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I guess I appreciate silver cars.
    Did you ever tell us the whole story on your car? Year? When you got?
    What all you've done to it? Where you park it?
    Where the extra keys are hidden?

Here's my "rainy day" car.....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Two issues - products to dye and products to maintain. Never tried the dye (don't need to) but Letherique is great. Used it many years and have several concours trophys.

Met George at a car show where we both had cars entered. Good guy and yes I think the company could go further and talked with him about that. He's pretty happy where he is at...with revenue and company structure.

Just one thing...don't use the product on thin leather like owners manual covers or tool kit covers....it will destroy it. I learned the hard way.

Oh yeah...the instructions on how to use are not entirely correct. What's on the web and whats on the bottle are different and both are not entirely correct. A concours web site I belong to clarified it. After rejunvenator take a damp cloth in warm water and wipe the are clean before pristine. In fact do it ALOT. Keep ringing out the rag and re-dip in the bucket of water. You'll probablly have to change the water in the bucket 3-4 times if you are doing it correctly as you'll see all the dirt contaminating the clean water in the bucket.

Hope this helps.

5. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Could you please elaborate as to what you used? Did you try to re-dye these parts? I am thinking of touching up some areas of my (obviously) black dash with the dye. Should I worry about this?

Thanks!
    Wes