Very Sad News | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Very Sad News

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 308nut, Jan 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ...or last...

Very sad story, Wade, sorry you had to hear it and tell it. My heart goes out to his family.

2. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    How cruel and ironic life can be,the moral is :do not wait to fullfill your dreams,you may run out of time.

3. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
  4. JPF

JPF Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2003
    NY
    Full Name:
    Joshua
    I have now cut and pasted this story, and Carlin's take on life into a document that I will keep.

I think that we all know these things in our heads, but in our haste to get through our days, we forget to stop and look around. It takes something like this story to remind us once in awhile.

Thanks for the reminder.

5. fly

fly Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Oh man, very, very sad, although I really don’t like to read this kind of story, I’m glad you shared it with us, makes you appreciate life. We should all take note, never put anything off, it may be too late when you get around to doing it. All the best to his family.

6. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    That is a very sad story. My prayers are with his family.
    It is a good thing that he lived his dream before he died.

Ton

7. KKSBA

KKSBA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    SBarbara-La Jolla CA
    Full Name:
    KKSBA
    Sad to hear... I'm glad he lived his dream.

8. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    I'm sorry to hear of the loss of the guy you knew and my condolences to his friends and family.

I can empathise with you, as these are also my exact feelings. NYC, and especially the WTC, was the heart of my passion for the architecture of skyscrapers. I can't wait until the replacement complex is built, because until it is, there will always be a burning hole, not only in lower Manhattan, but in another place within me and many other people around the world.

9. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Supposedly the main tower that's being built will contain another Windows of the World restaurant, owned and operated by the original's owners.

From preliminary drawings and renderings I've seen of the proposal for the complex it looks incredible.

10. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Its sad when friends leave us but I think its extremely important to look at their lives & celebrate the joy they had. This guy had a family, a passion for Ferrari which he was able to satisfy and you say he was a very pleasant man. By any standards that was a succesful, happy life. It may be over now but it sounds like he had a lot of happiness in his life & Happiness is the real measuring stick of wealth, not money

11. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    One of the saddest stories I've heard in a long time..

I can't believe it.. He must have felt like he was on top of the world. Now all that is gone..

Goes to show you. Life is short. Enjoy it in all aspects..

Drive on..

12. Santini

Santini Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2003
    North Carolina
  13. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    We all agree this is tragic, but if this guy was told he had one week to live, I bet he would of gone and bought that car. His last week was probably one of the best he ever had, achieving his life goal of that ferrari, he probably felt like a 5 year old boy, I say he is one lucky guy.

I must stress I wish the best to his wife and family, could you pass that on from F-chat for us!

14. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Thank you to all and to all thank you. I will certainly pass on all of the condolenses.

Wade

15. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    ???????? First it says he saved for many years, then it says he flew in in his own plane.???????????????????

16. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    My condolances to his family and friends. Even though he didn't get to enjoy his dream car very long, he did get to enjoy it. I know when I first got my Ferrari, I would stand in the garage and just stare at it. He must have been so happy that FINALLY all the hard work was worth it. I'm sure he was very happy before he passed away. He even had his own airplane. Yes it is fun to have nice toys, and be blessed with the finances to afford them. But material things aren't everything. "What is it to gain the world, yet loose your soul". Rest in peace fellow Tifosi, and may GOD keep your soul, Amen.

17. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Fulfill your dreams today so you do not have to be sorry you missed it tomorrow!

He must have known his plan of life by intuition and fulfilled his last wish.

18. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    A very sad story. My sympathies to his family.