Very Sad | FerrariChat

Very Sad

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Jalpa_Mike, Feb 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
  2. Blown Z

Blown Z Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2006
    Very sad indeed, my prayers and condolences are with him and his family.

3. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Very sad to hear, ...my condolences to the family.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #4 TheMayor, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    Very sad.... he was not driving fast or speeding. This unfortunate event shows that we all need to be careful at all times.

5. Kravchak

Kravchak Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Not to stir the pot but it sounds like a wheel failure.... 15 miles an hour BELOW the speed limit, it has to be mechanical some how...

6. sachin

sachin Karting

Mar 21, 2005
    there have been many unexplainable Lambo crashes where the car just skids out of control when driving along .. I believe a lot has to do with the rims being changed on a Lambo and affecting the awd system... eventually causing failure and lockup

check out this site

http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghini-murcielago-crash.html

7. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Condolences to friends and family.

Lee

8. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I wasn't going to post that.... if you do a search here, you'll find a very long sordid
    thread by the guy who owned that car. It got pretty nasty in that thread.

But when I saw this thread that old post did cross my mind...

Condolences to all involved.

Jedi

9. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    There is no way anyone can come to that conclusion at this time..could have leaned down for his phone, texting, swearved for an animal...just to early to even guess..

10. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    4000 Murcie delivered to date..what is "Many" to you...little bit over kill IMO

Do not know the circumstances or if this car HAD AFTER MARKET wheels or not..but I have always said and will say again..

DO NOT REPLACE YOUR OEM WHEELS WITH AFTERMARKET WHEELS P E R I O D !!

NO AFTERMARKET WHEELS carry the R/D that went into the OEM wheel NOR can they even begin to claim to be as GOOD or as SAFE as the OEM wheel..I dont care what they say or advertise..aftermarket "baller" wheels are for 2wd run of the mill cars..IF THAT..and I for one will never operate a car (LAMBO) with non OEM wheels on it..

11. sachin

sachin Karting

Mar 21, 2005
    Our condolences and prayers to the family

hopefully with the situations that have occured in the past, either Lamborghini or someone will uncover or learn something so as to prevent this type of situation (whenever it is a result of mechanical failure ) in the future. I remember years back when I had an eagle talon awd, they issued a transfer case recall as some people had the transfer cases lock up at highway speeds causing them to spin out unexpectedly and then crash...

even if there is a small % of failure, hopefully Lamborghini will be able to step up or do something so as to prevent any unnecessary mishap.

12. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

RIP..very sad....I rolled my 512 over when I hit some gravel in a corner, my lesson learned was not to let off the gas in a mid engine car when you start to slide, when you do, the back end will swap fast.. and a few track days later in my Gallardo has taught me that lesson. Life is truly short my thoughts with the family...

13. gday

gday Formula 3

Sep 10, 2004
    CA, USA - NSW, AUS
    Full Name:
    Mick
    That possibility has been suggested in this case.

-mick

14. ZAMIRZ

ZAMIRZ Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Amir
    6 and 10 year old boys...my God, how tragic. RIP Payman.

15. Will

Will Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2004
    Raleigh, NC
    very sad.. prayers to family :(

16. BillWilliams

BillWilliams Rookie

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    Bill Williams
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Friend of P. March 01, 2010

This is What Happened★★★★★
    Payman Engheta was a close friend. I loved him dearly. Payman was taken from us on February 14, 2010 after a tragic single-occupant car crash in his Lamborghini automobile.

I just visited the site where the car crash occurred and talked extensively with some witnesses. There were many flowers and candles at base of the tree where the crash occurred. Plus, there was an 8 x 10 picture of Payman's face in a picture-frame nailed to the tree.

There were about 25 people on the patio of the restaurant called "Cavi at the Big Oaks" when the accident occurred. They say Payman frequented Cavi. The restaurant is a popular destination for motorcyclists. Payman rode his motorcycle to the restaurant and ate there several times. This time, Payman was in his Lamborghini automobile driving the curvy Bouquet Canyon Road where the restaurant is located.

When he drove past the people they heard that he both downshifted into the curve and stepped on the gas. According to the witness who described the situation, the rear tires spun out from the acceleration, making long black tire marks on the road. He said the car likely accelerated from 40 mph to 80 mph over a short distance and that he hit the tree going about 80 mph. (Again, I am reporting verbatim from an eyewitness.)

There is dirt and gravel strewn from the un-paved driveway of the restaurant. The combination the tires spinning out from acceleration, the curve in the road, and the dirt and gravel from the driveway, made the rear-end of the car, where the heavy engine is located, spin to the left. The front tires went off the right side of the road over a 2-foot dirt embankment. With the front wheels sunken into the soft dirt, the acceleration of the car, and the heavy engine in the back of the car, the momentum made the rear of the car whip violently to the left.

Unfortunately for my wonderful friend, a fairly large tree was in the wrong place. The driver-side door of the car slammed very forcefully against the tree. The tree sunk about 3 to 4 feet into the drivers-side door. The car hit so hard, that the three-inch think bark was ripped from the front of the tree where the main-impact took place in about three-feet wide and five feet high swath. The car literally "wrapped around" the tree with such force, that there is a large gash in the bark of the tree on the opposite side of the impact, where the rear of the car bent around the back side of the tree.

A nurse was eating at the restaurant and crossed the street to assist him. She said, "breathe, breathe." The nurse reported that he seemed to respond to her by taking deep breaths.

Paramedics arrived. He was cut out of the car and airlifted by helicopter to Providence Holy Cross Hospital where I am very sad to say he later died of his injuries.

I visited the site of the crash because I just had to know what happened and how my friend's life was so tragically taken. I also thought others who loved him would like to know more about what occurred.

We love you, Payman. We love your family and they will be in our thoughts and prayers.